Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Error when calling procedure into a List Box

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Error when calling procedure into a List Box
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am calling a procedure into a list box in the HTML composer and I keep getting the following error:
---------------------------
App Studio
---------------------------
(FOC003) THE FIELDNAME IS NOT RECOGNIZED: GKE

(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT

Here is the code for my procedure:
-SET &USR = CNCTUSR('A7');
-SET &WHEREPATH = '/WFC/Repository/Personal_Content/~'|&USR;

TABLE FILE WF_REPOSOBJ
PRINT OBJNAME
COMPUTE PC_URL/A200 = 'http://appvionbi/ibi_apps/views.bip'|'?'|'BIP_REQUEST_TYPE=BIP_RUN'|'&'|'BIP_folder=IBFS:'||PRT_PATH||'&'|'BIP_item='||OBJNAME;
-*WHERE PRT_PATH CONTAINS 'PERSONAL_CONTENT' AND PRT_PATH CONTAINS &USR
WHERE PRT_PATH CONTAINS '&WHEREPATH'

END

Outside of the HTML Composer, this procedure does exactly what I want it to. It returns the string for a file in a certain user in their personal_content folder. I am trying to populate a listbox that a user can use to select certain files to load into a frame. I need to know what this error message means and how to fix it. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scott Matson,

WebFOCUS 8007

Guru
posted Hide Post
Did you try putting in

"ON TABLE FORMAT XML"

at the end?

Not sure if that will work, but I always thought that any controls with external programs need to be formatted for XML. That's at least what I think of course.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Gold member
posted Hide Post
That did it! Thanks.

WebFOCUS 8007

Guru
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

When you get it all working, would you mind sharing what you did? We may have a need to do something like this as well.

Thanks!

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Gold member
posted Hide Post
in the previous code that I posted, any idea how I can get the result to not care about the case of the value of &USR? Some users have a username that is upper case, and if that's the case it isn't returning any records, even though it should.

WebFOCUS 8007

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ok, here's what I did.

We have a Guided AdHoc screen with an option for users to save their query selection. We also have a domain called Personal Content that users can save these selections to (they have to navigate to their My Content folder within that domain). So I created a procedure to retrieve the .htm files in the Personal Content directory for that specific user:

-SET &USR = CNCTUSR('A7');
-SET &USR = LOCASE(&USR.LENGTH, &USR, 'A&USR.LENGTH');
-TYPE &USR

-SET &WHEREPATH = '/WFC/Repository/Personal_Content/~'|&USR;

TABLE FILE WF_REPOSOBJ
PRINT OBJNAME
COMPUTE PC_URL/A200 = 'http://servername/ibi_apps/views.bip'|'?'|'BIP_REQUEST_TYPE=BIP_RUN'|'&'|'BIP_folder=IBFS:'||PRT_PATH||'&'|'BIP_item='||OBJNAME;
-*WHERE PRT_PATH CONTAINS 'PERSONAL_CONTENT' AND PRT_PATH CONTAINS &USR
WHERE PRT_PATH CONTAINS '&WHEREPATH'
AND OBJNAME CONTAINS '.htm'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML

END

I then added a dropdown box to my HTML file and loaded the OBJNAME as the display and PC_URL as the value (with a "no selection" option enabled).

I then had to add this java script to my file in the Embedded JavaScript/CSS tab:
var noselection = this.options[this.selectedIndex].value;

if (noselection == 'FOC_NOSELECTION')
{return;}
else
{
iframeAdHoc_sub.open( this.options[ this.selectedIndex ].value, '_self');
}

When a user selects the filename from the dropdown list it automatically opens that file into the frame.

WebFOCUS 8007

Guru
posted Hide Post
I would think you would be able to set a Global Parm to set &IBIMR_user in all in what ever case you want.

I will have to give your idea a try.

Thanks!

WebFOCUS 8.1.05