Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Issue with EXL Template when running from RC

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Issue with EXL Template when running from RC
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hi,

I have a fex that create an Excel template with 4 sheets.
It works fine when I'm running it from portal or when I schedule the fex directly.

When I -INCLUDE the fex into another one that is already scheduled, first three sheets are saved properly according to the log (0 XLSX FILE SAVED ...) but the last one end with error:
(FOC3289) TEMPLATE FILE: Error opening file

The template exist in the baseapp.

Can't find any differences from the tracing between the two schedules.
The only difference is that from the schedules that don't work the schedule first call a fex that then call the one that creates the report.

schedule 1 (working ok) task : call fex2 (which is IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Orders/Sales_Order/Sales_Order_XLS.fex)

schedule 2 (not working) task : call fex1

fex1 :
-IF &FOCFOCEXEC EQ 'RCASTER' THEN GOTO XLSCASTER;
-EXIT
-XLSCASTER
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Orders/Sales_Order/Sales_Order_XLS.fex

What could be the issue ? Any ideas ?

Thanks to help

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Are RC and the included fex running in the same environment? Do both have permission to access all the relevant files?

You're including a fex from the WF Client in a fex that is in a place unknown to us (The WF reporting server, perhaps? That would explain the problem).

ReportCaster also looks in a certain location, probably that same client, but possibly in a different repository path and/or as a different user.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
All fex exist under the same Content folder (IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Orders/Sales_Order/), both schedule also exist under the same Content folder (IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Orders/Sales_Order/) and everything seems to be called correctly since I can see all the proper code in both cases - it is what I'm expecting to see.

Also use the same execution id.

It seems that in one case RC can retrieve the template but in the other it can't.
But in both cases, the template is the same and located in baseapp.

baseapp is part of the apppath and no special rules on it except the default ones.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Martin,

If you set up a schedule just for the Sales_Order_XLS.fex does this work?

I believe this should work in WF8105M, since I have seen other cases that indicate as such.

Can you verify the following:
As a Caster admin, can you open the Caster Server Configuration tool,
then in the general tab, go to Schedule Format, and click on the
dropdown list - in this list, is EXL07 and EXL07 Template checked ?

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post