Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Show a list of all group views?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Show a list of all group views?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
We're trying to set up 7.7.02 and it shows the users "My View" right after they log in to dashboard.

When we were on 7.6.4 we configured it somehow that it showed a list of all available group view dashboards and they just clicked on the group view they wanted to see. If they only had access to one group view it just went to that view.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jason,

Will this help?

It seems this behaviour is controlled by the GoToPersonalViewOnLogin setting in the bid-config.xml file. I don't recall this option in v7.6 so it might be a new setting.

Documentation > WebFOCUS Managed Reporting Administrator's Manual, Version 7 Release 7.02 > 4. Managing Dashboard > Logging On to Dashboard and View Inheritance

quote:

Dashboard users log on to Dashboard and inherit the look and content of views in different ways depending on where they log on from, whether they are logging on for the first time or subsequent times, and whether the GoToPersonalViewOnLogin setting in the bid-config.xml file (located in the WebFOCUS77\worp\conf directory) is set to "true" or "false".

First Time Logon to Dashboard (GoToPersonalViewOnLogin=false)
Users with:

Access to no group views, log on from the Business Intelligence Dashboard Login page into their own personal view and inherit the look and content of the General Public View.

Access to one group view, log on to that group view and inherit the look and content of that group view as their own personal view.

Access to multiple group views, log on to a page displaying all of the group views accessible to them including a link to their My View. Clicking a group view from this page logs users on to the selected group view, and their own personal view inherits the look and content of that group view. Clicking the My View link logs users on to
their own personal view which inherits the look and content of the General Public View.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
We didn't like how things had changed on BID from 7.6.4 to 7.6.9 with respect to GoToPersonalViewOnLogin , so we created a "hack".

1. Created a URL in a globally-accessable domain/standard reports folder that contains the address of the "Views" ie https://webfocus.server/ibi_ap...UPS&WORP_MPV=aa_mpv&

2. Created the Default dashboard in the General Public View (1st entry, this is what everyone will inherit as "My View") - Has only a Launch block that contains the URL above.

3. Kept GoToPersonalViewOnLogin=true

New users log on, inherit the Default public dashboard as their My View, which lists (with a decent font) all available group views. When constructing our group views, all have a tab called "Views" which is the same structure, ie calls a Launch block to list the views (with a decent font, and NOT the ugly "popup").

So when they are in the Group View, they can select the Views tab, and it lists their group views and "My view"....which is just now a dashboard that lists the group views. So they're in a captured environment (we removed all the links except Logoff and Help).

The advantages? Same interface whether they have 0 group views, 1 group view or 10 group views. Also, the view listing looks A WHOLE LOT BETTER when launched in a BID tab (better font, full window, etc).

The disadvantages? Developers and Analytical uses who need a more powerful My View with domain tree, more options, etc have to be reassigned from the default view once they've signed on for the first time (We have several views used as templates in the General Public View). But those folks are a handful compared to the large numbers of run-only end users.

Sure wish MRE would instantiate the BID/WORP user at the time we created the account through MR Admin, rather than have to wait for the user to sign in for the first time.....maybe that will change in WF 8.

BTW, this "hack" works in the 7.6.x and 7.7.x branches.

-- Dan at UNO

WebFOCUS 8.8.05M (Prod)/8.0.09(Sandbox) Windows

Posts: 56 | Location: Omaha, Ne USA | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Dan, thanks for this interesting post - will have to bookmark this for further reference.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post