Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] THE PRINT LINE EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM LINE WIDTH

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] THE PRINT LINE EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM LINE WIDTH
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I'm getting this error when scheduling the report in Report Caster:

BTP1010 Task error: THE PRINT LINE EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM LINE WIDTH. WIDTH IS: 89

But I can run the report online or defered in MRE without any problems...

Is there a way to avoid that and having my report scheduled??

I remember having the same kind of problem when running a report directly on the web server and I had to type these commands: SET PANEL=200 SET WIDTH=200. How do I do that in Report Caster?

Thanks Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 87 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: September 03, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Add the following at the beginning.

set panel = 89 (or wider)
set width = 89 (or wider)

I had the same issue when converting mainframe to WebFOCUS and report caster.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks

I added

SET PANEL=200
SET WIDTH=200

at the begining of my report...

Posts: 87 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: September 03, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Leah/FliPPeR,
I am also facing the same problem.
Task error: THE PRINT LINE EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM LINE WIDTH. WIDTH IS: 122

Where should i write this command
SET PANEL=200
SET WIDTH=200 in the called procedure or somewhere else.
My code has moved to production. I doubt if i would be allowed to make the change there.

And what is the suitable value for WIDTH? 200 or else.

Thanks,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

<JG>
posted
Chirag, It needs to be in the called procedure, anywhere before the final output step.

If the job is already production then you will have to go through whatever change control
system you have in place to promote it.

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Isn't there any thing in report Caster schedule, where i can configure the settings to make it work. It was running fine from MRE. Who put this limit there?

Thanks,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

<JG>
posted
Put in a pre processing step to setup the SET's

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Pre Processing Step? Can you please explain?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Chiraq

I would suggest some basic training with IBI.

We got this error message sometimes too, but I found out that it is caused by an other error. It had nothing to do with the panel width or lines..

Is this a compound report?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would suggest some basic training with IBI
I agree with Frank.

If members do not get basic training and show no understanding of clear responses to their questions then, imho, they are showing little respect for the good people who respond on this forum.

It might shock some members to realise that there are many outsourcing companies who encourage their untrained staff to use the Forum as a learning tool. Some of these companies are running incorrectly licensed installations and show no regard for the training requirements that their staff need to do the job asked of them. If an individual complains that they do not have the necessary training, then often there are 50 or more candidates waiting to happily take their job without complaining. They are unlikely to get hold of manuals because they are unlicensed and have no access to Tech Support or their company will not buy them.

So think on this, by responding to some people’s requests you may be supporting incorrectly licensed operations, you do nothing to encourage the companies to supply correct training for their employees, do nothing to encourage those that are licensed correctly to perform rudimentary investigations and research!

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Frank,
yes, this is a compound report. I asked about preprocessing to know if there is any setting in report caster i can do to get this width and panel set before executing procedure. I got the line added in the procedure and i am not getting this error now. but it fails to take up a hold file created in the procedure.

I respect your feeling Tony. But by repeatitive questions i just wanted to be sure if i am understanding right what an expert advising me. I don't want to waste the effort of such good people who are there answering our queries. My company doesn't allow unlicensed software. I use focal point to search if the problem i am having is already there. If i fail to find some, i just raise a case on techsupport site as my company is registered for 24*7 support.

Thanks,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

Gold member
posted Hide Post
If i am correct, reportcaster doesn't support more.
Is there any work around for this?

Regards,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes there is.

You should use the command USE

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post