Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     MAINTAIN deployment from Windows to AIX unix

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MAINTAIN deployment from Windows to AIX unix
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all, this is my first post...so please bear with me. A consultant is attempting to deploy and run a Maintain app on an AIX unix box. An Error Running Deployment Scenario window pops up - the full message is:
The starting object 'IBFS:/RIM53TEST/EDA/SAS/APPPATH/mrnrrate/MRNRRate.fcm' could not be found. Please deploy the scenario and try again.

I did try again - with no luck.

A local deploy on windows works no problem.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Window 2003 /32bit

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I know that this deployment can work. I have never seen this error and I don't have access to an AIX box at the moment.

If you have no success here, I may be able to put you in touch with a company that does type of deployment with maintain.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Penny
This error on Unix is usually one of two things.
1) The user does not have write permission in the directory that you are deploying to.
2) You are deploying in mixed case, but the file being created is in all lower or upper case.

First thing you should do is look at the directory on the server. Is the file there? If not, check the write permissions of the directory. If the file IS there, what is the case that the name is in? You may have to change the case on the Development enviornment to match the deployment case.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
My experience has been that it was a 'rights' permission issue. If they can secure shell into the box - this is easily enough able to be veriifed.

Ira

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

posted Hide Post
This is puzzling for certain. When we deploy the apps we receive 0 errors and all indications are the deployment was successful. However when we bring up the WebFOCUS Maintain launch page to test we discover the .FCM files were not created, and we are forced to use the Execute procedure option to force a compile. It is when we force the compile we then see error messages, which of course we can then track down to get the apps debugged.

I guess the question now is - why doesn't the deployment display the compile errors? Why does it indicate all is fine, but yet in fact the compile step is failing??

thank you all for your suggestions - we did ensure all components were in lower case to eliminate any potential problems there; we did verify the permissions for the directories and the objects and we gave rwxrwxrwx across the board.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Window 2003 /32bit

Master
posted Hide Post
Penny
There are some errors that may not be seen until runtime. These could be database or JavaScript errors. However, anything else, any kind of syntax errors should definitly be caught by the compiler. I believe you said there were no errors when deployed locally. Only on Unix.

If you have an example of an application error that occurs on Unix, but not on Windows, when the databases Master and Access files exist, I would be anxious to see it.

Thank you!

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all thanks to Adrian and Yan our Maintain apps now not only deploy they actually compile and run on the Unix box. I still have no idea why the deployment reflects 0 errors...however I now know how to go into Unix and manually do the compilation so I can see any error messages.

The steps are:
1.) cd /ibi/srv53/wfm/bin
2.) edastart -t
3.) app path masterdir datadir appdir
4.) app hold appdir
5.) mntcon compile mntapp

step 1 is a change directory to the bin directory for your maintain server.
step 2 starts a webfocus(focus) session
step 3 replaces the server APP PATH with just the directories you need masterdir is where your masters are located; datadir is where the RDBMS or in our case FOCUS files/tables are located; and appdir is where the .mnt, .wfm, fex files for the Maintain app are located.
step 4 ID's where the compiles (.fcm) should be created and held
step 5 compiles the mntapp; it looks for mntap.mnt in any/all directories in your APP PATH.

Unix is case sensitve so if you saved MntApp.mnt and you attempt to compile mntapp.mnt you will get an error message mntapp.mnt NOT FOUND.

Thank you IB tech support for sticking with me until we had a resolution.
PL
WebFOCUS 5.3.3 on AIX

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Window 2003 /32bit