Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Webfocus Reporting Server on OpenVMS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Webfocus Reporting Server on OpenVMS
 Login/Join

<kay hume>
posted
I wanted to ask anyone in this group if they are using the WEbfocus reporting Server on OpenVMS (Digital, Hewlett Packard, Compaq - whoever owns it now)

and
if they are at their organization, what kind of VMS system are they running? CPU, I/O , Memory, etc?

We are having significant problems with our Webfocus system WHEN THE VMS SYSTEM LOAD IS HEAVY. We are now running WebFocus Reporting Server 5.2.5 on an Alpha dual cpu Open Vms system. We are running the WebFocus Client on a windows 2000 with apache and tomcat.

During heavy usage times on our VMS system, the WebFocus locks up and is non-reponsive. We are talking with IBI about it and have been for quite a while now. I would really appreciate some people out there in the field who might respond and give us some more ideas.

I have also heard and (not validated yet) that the VMS reporting server for Webfocus uses VMS system mailboxes. If someone knows that this is true would they please respond to me about this also?

Thanks for any help and information.

kay

Report This Post
<pranas>
posted
I am not an expert of OpenVMS, but I got response from OpenVMS admin.
He told me that the quotas described in installation manual for IWAY user are very restrictive. Try modifying quotas for IWAY user.

Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
Yes we do use mail boxes, it is how VMS implements shared memory and certain message passing.

Report This Post