Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Go
Search
Tools
 Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Sorting a bar chart based on the a date but display by month year (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BI Dev
Hi Everyone, I am trying to create a graph which is similar to the example code below. Here 'Date' ......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Possible for WebFOCUS to be able to send Report via Web Service? (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by nox
Hi, I know in WebFOCUS that we can send report via mail by SMTP Mail Server, is there another way s......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Converting Mainframe FOCUS to WebFOCUS (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Our mainframe people are going to convert our Mainframe FOCUS to WebFOCUS. Reports are not a proble......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] DEFINE field -- possible to detect type of a database field? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by John_Edwards
We have a routine that loads data from an uploaded Excel spreadsheet. Lots of columns with numbers.......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] ROUND a whole number (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BI_Developer
Hello all Is there a way to round numbers in the following way? ......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] how to get email address from the user profile (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by vnf
Hello, I am just wondering if there is a web focus function that can return the email address of th......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Workspace Screen Reporting Console (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by evan.brown
We believe we have a program that brings our server down. Is there a way to print or capture the "Wo......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Connect to an API (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by nox
Hi, i know DMC have many type of adopters that are able to connect many resource to do data transfo......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Propagating Report Changes to Document Canvas (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by AMC2
How do you propagate report changes to the canvas layout in App Studio 8206? You should not have to......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] SET NODATA not working (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Rageoftheage
Hey all, I want to display null values as 0 in my report. Using the NVL command in my fex broke the......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Usage Report and Static Parameter in 8.2 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JulieA
Everyone, I might need to check with IBI on this task; however, I'm going to post here as a starti......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] image's transparent background is not showing up as transparent in a report. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by vinodh
i have a image with transparent background. but when i use it in a report it doesnt show it. i have......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] JPG/PNG image in a column with text - PDF (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by WebFOCUS_Dev
Hello I am working on a PDF report and I need to display an image dynamically along with some text.......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Graph Y-axis Increments - Millions vs 1000s (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BI_Developer
Hello I am working on a line graph and having issue with Y-axis scale increments. ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] PDF contents to page width (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shingles
Hi All, I have a PDF report. On the report I've got a table with a few columns. I would like the ......

Discussion Topic  Senior WebFocus Engineer (35+ yrs) On the Market for Remote/Telecommute Opportunities (in Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements) by SgtRedRock
To hiring managers looking for an experienced (35+ years) WebFocus Engineer to drive their BI develo......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED]Error (FOC003) THE FIELDNAME IS NOT RECOGNIZED (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Rageoftheage
Hi all, I am getting the following error: 0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 1 LINES= 1 20190701 2......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Bars are not shown when the y-axis values are high (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BI Dev
Hi Everyone, I have created a bar chart, when the y-axis vales on scale are high like thousands and......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Join FTM in SQL? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tim A
Could anyone please provide an example or explain how to join an FTM external hold file to a datawar......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] PDF Format Graph - Major Grid (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BI_Developer
Hello all I am working on a basic line graph and trying to display major grid for both X and Y axes......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Access to Secured Encrypted data (in WebFOCUS Designer Forum on Focal Point ) by Az
Does anyone have any experience accessing data in tables where the column has been encrypted like SS......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS Designer Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Riser style for a bar chart (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BI Dev
Hi Everyone, Is it possible to customize the shape of the bar in a bar chart? The only options I se......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Does DMC able to provide API? (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by nox
hi, Is there any way that DMC(Data Management Console ) able to provide or generate API for 3rd par......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] remove frame for a chart(image as output) inside a document (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by vinodh
for a chart - i am unable to remove the background frame when i use it in a document. i need them to......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] PDF Coordinate report based on second sort order (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by venkatesh emandi
Hi Everyone, We all know that by default if we enable MERGE=ON in compound layout report will be br......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Changing the Orientation in the Document Canvas Tool in App Studio (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by AMC2
Where do you change the orientation in the Document Canvas GUI tool in App Studio?...

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] EXPANDBYROW and Drillthrough (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Greg_Coley
I'm having some trouble getting Drill-through to work while using EXPANDBYROW. Is there anything i'm......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Values in Across double (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by zcbillions
Hi all, I'm having issues when adding 2 across fields to my report. I'm not sure if I entirely und......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Report Caster query (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by wfdmuser
Is there a way to query the repository in WF82 so we can get the info about all RC schedules, mainly......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] List of all fex and their mas files in one report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by v_ani
Hi Everyone, My requirement is to get list of all the fex and their master files .Current......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED]DMC default email address for E-Mail On Failure (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Martin vK
Is it possible to set a default email address for E-Mail On Failure in DMC for new flows? We are on ......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Use a computed field in the By Clause (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by zcbillions
Hi all, I have a report where I have some By fields and some computed measures under an Across.I wa......

Discussion Topic  [CASE OPENED] Compound Report - Strange Output (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by CD
I have a compound report with 2 reports rpt1 and rpt2. We expect the compound report output will be ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED]pieProperties suffix doesnt accept img tag (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by vinodh
i need to display a image in the suffix of pieproperties. and it doesnt work for a img tag, whereas ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] CSS - PDF - Document Composer (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by WebFOCUS_Dev
Hello I would like to add certain CSS effects like shadow, tracking to text on PDF when developed u......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Document Canvas Report Issue (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by AMC2
I have a report that will generate data when its run individually. However, when I run it as part o......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Alert Assist test for existence returns "file doesn't exist' (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ModGuy31
I'm attempting to create an alert for a previously created report. However, running the test results......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Designer Calendar (Define a date range) (in WebFOCUS Designer Forum on Focal Point ) by Brian N
Is it possible to set a date range to the calendar control that the WebFocus Designer creates when y......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Issue with Seeing Fex Files in Domain Folders (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by AMC2
All of a sudden in App Studio, I can not see any of the fex files within my Domain folders. I can a......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Add HTML button in fex (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shingles
Hi Folks, I'm sure this isn't new but I've searched the forums with no success. I'm trying to add ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Question on D12.2 Define (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by RobertF
Does it sound right that this define allows for only 12 total characters including any decimal and n......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Right space for Nodata (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by venkatesh emandi
Below is my code snippet to produce right blank space for nodata, but it was generating dots inste......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Concatenate defines into a comma separated value. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by srajeevan
Hi, I have 10 define fields which is of A20 format. Now i want to create a field which concatenate ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Custom value for PAGESIZE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by WebFOCUS_Dev
Hello everyone I am looking for a custom size for PAGESIZE but as per manual there is specific set ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] How to Limit the rows in Master file? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Viswa
Hai......

Discussion Topic  [Case opened] MISSING being interpreted literally by SQL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by RyanIPG13
Opened a case with support, but wanted to ask if anyone had a similar issue. We are running 8.206.0......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Date format question (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tomsweb
Is there a date/?? format for May-14 (May 2014)? Thank you...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] AppStudio - Metadata Canvas -> excluding fields from available list (in WebFOCUS Designer Forum on Focal Point ) by Henry Ma
Hi! I'm creating a Master file and am inserting a "Reference to Existing Synonym" Child Table, but ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Adding a column total to a specific 'by' column. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Greg_Coley
Hello, I have created a report using the following code: ......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Styling with Report Painter in App Studio (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by AMC2
All, In the Report Painter in App Studio, I want to style the whitespace under the column headings ......

» Refine Search
» New Search