Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Developer Studio 7.6.2 copy file unselectable on right click on fex in Applications

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Developer Studio 7.6.2 copy file unselectable on right click on fex in Applications
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hi

I have just upgraded to 7.6.2 Dev Studio from 7.1.6 Dev Studio.

I am used to being able to copy stuff by right clicking and selecting 'copy' and then later pasting where I wanted to go. However this option appears permenantly greyed out when I try it in the application area, but it is available when I am looking at the files through the 'Projects' option of dev studio.

Is anyone else on DS 7.6.2 that could check and see if they are getting this message?

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Our version of Dev Studio is such we do all in the MRE standard reports area, right click copy works fine there. Have copied even from one version on one machine to another machine.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Leah

Thanks for your response - yes I have just checked Managed reporting domains referenced by my version of Dev Studio (think you have mre version of power reporter) and the right click copy works fine!

Looks like it is only the application area that is the problem.

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Have also found something else:

Although you can copy from the projects area after right clicking when you move to another application to paste the new versions of the files the paste option is greyed out.

On a more positive note it looks like that the confusing permit to edit multiple copies of the same file has been disabled.

From the projects area you only get the chance to activate and in the applications area you immediately taken into your existing edit.

It would be appreciated if someone with full ds 7.6.2 could confirm this behaviour as I will raise it as a hottrack.

A

Master
posted Hide Post
Raised with IBI - this response

"This is probably happening while trying to copy file types to a Reporting Server app that is not supported by the reporting server. If the reporting server does not support the file used then GUI option to paste will get disabled."

This is probably it - I am using 7.62 dev studio against 7.13 reporting server.

When I get my new 7.62 server set up up and running and I can try ds 7.62 against that but I am guessing that is the problem...

Master
posted Hide Post
Nope

DS 7.6.2 using wf server 7.6.2 does not solve the copy problem.

Master
posted Hide Post
This does actually solve the Problem!