Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (44 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  Data Migrator Developer opening in NYC (in Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements) by Steve C
Need a DM developer with a year or more of experience building complex ETL flows. Must have excelle......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] -READ with comma delimited & variable length source (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
Hi Susan, I thought of this too, but I am being stubborn. The documentation says that -READ can re......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] -READ with comma delimited & variable length source (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
I have a file that looks like this: /media/rackspace/db2/clients/Jones/2011/2011-10/2011-10-01/852/I......

Discussion Topic  DM 77 lost focsu01 file how to restore (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Steve C
It looks like I lost one or more important files from the Catalog directory. FOCSU01 is the one I a......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  Creating master file for DM input for a Unicode data source (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Steve C
I have a comma delimited text file from SQL Server output that has Unicode (double byte) encoding. ......

Discussion Topic  RE: MODIFY command is not working on FOCUS/400. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
On your EDA Console, look under Data Adapters, you will probably see that you do not have the DB2 in......

Discussion Topic  RE: What do you think about WebFocus 7 ??? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
7.1 seems ok, as long as it is always talking to a 7.1 server. It falls down a lot when it needs to......

Discussion Topic  Finding sqlin temp file (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Steve C
I would like to capture the SQLIN file created during the ETL process by data migrator. Doing a fil......

Discussion Topic  Finding sqlin temp file (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Steve C
I would like to capture the SQLIN file created during the ETL process by data migrator. Doing a fil......

Discussion Topic  COMPUTEd field not totaling (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
A frustrating problem: I have a complex report in which I use DECODE to look up a value that needs t......

Discussion Topic  Need an MtrD format for a date value! (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
It seems that the above format is not supported with new date formats. If I change it to MD/MtrDY t......

Discussion Topic  RE: Stylesheet data output with alternate backcolor (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
You are over complicating this! There is a feature in the STYLESHEET that lets you color alternatin......

Discussion Topic  RE: ReportCaster - Help with Best Practice (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
You should keep only a single version of a procedure to ensure that any future enhancements are auto......

Discussion Topic  RE: Unix Date Format Problem (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
If you don't care about the time portion, you could just alter your master fileread USAGE=YYMD, ACTU......

Discussion Topic  RE: Other BI solutions (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
Well, Hyperion is the 500 pound gorilla in the cube space, but their tool is expensive, and is gener......

Discussion Topic  RE: what is this?? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
Not a clue. What were you doing when this message came up. This may be one for the hotline!...

Discussion Topic  RE: help please (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
I suggest you do an ON TABLE HOLD in your first request. Then do a TABLE FILE HOLD and use WHERE RE......

Discussion Topic  RE: Column Average value. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
I suggest you use a COMPUTE to calculate your average:......

Discussion Topic  RE: Suppress HEADING on First Page (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
Try This:......

Discussion Topic  RE: create drop-down from value of another drop-down (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
Are you sure its the FILEDEF? What are your symptoms? I get the procedure to work ok, but I had to......

» Refine Search
» New Search