Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (135 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [CASE-OPENED] file is not visible from the Webfocus DevStudio (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
If you get desperate enough, you can rename the files as .fex. Dumb solution, but it should work....
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: controlling page breaks (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
Oh, Susannah ......

Discussion Topic  RE: controlling page breaks (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
Hi, Bethany. I have what is an approach, more than a solution. I will shorthand it, on the assumptio......

Discussion Topic  RE: Division (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
Only thing I can figure is that the division inside the compute no longer cares that the referenced ......

Discussion Topic  RE: How to Replace a character with a SPACE in a given string. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
If your data is ASCII: -SET &PRINTCLAUSE = CTRAN(&PRINTCLAUSE.LENGTH,&PRINTCLAUSE,126,32,'A&PRINTCL......

Discussion Topic  RE: PDF Drilldown In WebFOCUS 7.1.3 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
We've had one problem with this. There's a limit on the number of characters you can pass on the dri......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SHARING] Left Join problem (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
Here's a possibility. Don't know if it will work with non-FOCUS files, though. SET ALL = PASS (joi......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Can fex report data drill into an HTML form? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
By the way, to be explicit, I meant something like: IF &VAR EQ 1 THEN GOTO HTML1 ELSE GOTO HTML2; ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Can fex report data drill into an HTML form? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
Sorry... "include or not include", not "include or now include". And "amper var", not "amper vare". ......

Pass an amper variable to what? You can certainly pass the amper to the fex that contains the -HTMLF......

On the other hand, you can drill down to a focexec that contains the following statement: -HTMLFORM......

Discussion Topic  RE: Multi-Field Join (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
trob, As I read you initial post, it was not perfectly clear whether you had held your file in FORM......

Discussion Topic  RE: Multi-Field Join (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
Hmmmmm..... I just noticed that you said Focus HOLD files. That implies that the suffix is FIX. On t......

trob, You have two problems, actually. You may specify up to 4 fields on the host side of the join ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Finding the MAX value of a SUM field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
Well... Here's a two pass solution, anyway. TABLE FILE GGSALES SUM DOLLARS UNITS BY REGION BY PROD......

Discussion Topic  RE: SUBFOOT with MISSING Data (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
Well, seems like maybe I touched a nerve. Here's the point: Sytax rules are documented in the FOCUS ......

Discussion Topic  RE: SUBFOOT with MISSING Data (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
An observation: IBI is infamous (sorry, IBI folks) for discovering and plugging holes in syntax. Mea......

Discussion Topic  RE: Holiday File - Member of Errors (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
Well.... I might be able to help just a little. First of all, that's weird. Seond, though, ERRORS is......

Discussion Topic  RE: column headings (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
I'm not sure what your intent is for the first page of your report. I assume it's something like a t......

Discussion Topic  RE: Dynamic Data type (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dwf
Sandy, Try this example: DEFINE FILE CAR WBFMT/A8 = IF WHEELBASE EQ INT(WHEELBASE) THEN 'D6' ELSE ......

» Refine Search
» New Search