Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (39 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Mainframe FOCUS: Many to Many join (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Thanks GamP This works perfectly. The files that I was using were created in previous steps of FOC......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Mainframe FOCUS: Many to Many join (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Yes, I have tried that. As usual it always fails with Duplicates in 'From' field error....

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Mainframe FOCUS: Many to Many join (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
I have two file like: File 1: A a A b B a B B File 2: A 1 A 2 B 1 B 2 I want to join the two fil......

Discussion Topic  RE: Can you please help me how to create Data Adapter for Flat file in Mainframe (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Arun, To extract reports from mainframe flat files, you need to create the master file definition (......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Mainframe FOCUS - Date calculations (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
The below piece of code is not correct as field format is not allowed in -SET. ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSE]Mainframe Focus-Error running ISPF commands from Native Focus using Rexx/Clist (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
When I try to run ISPF commands in mainframe Native Focus using Rexx/Clist, I encounter below error:......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Mainframe FOCUS - strange behaviour (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Ginny, I have made the changes as suggested by Jack, but the result remains the same. Though I noti......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Mainframe FOCUS - strange behaviour (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Jack, Even after those changes the output remains the same. I have worked out to a solution for thi......

INFILE is a hold file and is sorted in the following order: MPORVORDNO MPORVPRODNO MPORVITEMNO...

No...its not, I have tried the same with other names too - OUTHLD, OUTHLD1, ORDHLD etc. None of thes......

Jack/Waz, Below is the real code that I am using: ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Mainframe FOCUS - strange behaviour (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Hi, I am using mainframe FOCUS and encountered some strange scenarios. The data in the hold file is......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to create a file with fixed block attributes (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Tony, DYNAM ALLOC can be used to replace an allocation made in JCL......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to create a file with fixed block attributes (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Webmeister, Though I never tried with format WP, but would recommend you using SAVE instead of HOLD......

Discussion Topic  RE: Subscribe to the WebFOCUS Newsletter (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Kathleen, Is there a newsletter for FOCUS? -Shrikant...

Discussion Topic  RE: [Solved] Mainframe Focus - String reformatting (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Thanks Jack!! I have used the PARAG and GETTOK functions for the requirement as below: ......

Discussion Topic  [Solved] Mainframe Focus - String reformatting (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Hi, I have a field of Length 50, say client name. I have to divide this field into two different fi......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Difference between JOIN and JOIN ALL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Piscian, You need to use JOIN ALL. For instance consider two tables, DEPARTMENT and EMPLOYEE, since......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to join data from one segment of a file to data from another (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Webmeinster, From the MFD you have provided, it is clear the key filed of the two segment is same. ......

Discussion Topic  Mainframe Focus - String Validations (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shrikant
Hi I need to validate the data in a string (Subscriber Name, length 50) to be alphabetic (only Engl......

» Refine Search
» New Search