Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (129 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Wrapping Long Text Fields with No Spaces (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
Hints: 1. investigate the PARAG function 2. Investigate "TEXT" field format...
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Compound Report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
The three reports could use -DEFAULT to provide value for &&TimeFrame. This would have no affect if......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Modify WebFocus Standard Error Message (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
I have edited a.k.a. hacked the mainframe focus message data. You might seach for the message charac......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Flat file with multiple header records (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
I have used RECTYPE with an accept range. The file had Low-values , High-values header/control recor......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Disable Certain Commands per user (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
Using the wayback machine to remember a couple of decades ago , on mainframe FOCUS used LET comman......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] BAT file doesn't execute (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
If you are allowed to log on to the server. Open a command window and run the batch script. This wi......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Multiple Values in a field - drill on each value (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
I have done this by creating a define for a column which was two HTML Anchor statement with the web ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Calling SQLMSS stored procedure to load files (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Rounding on Count Column (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
An alternate approach define a field to get the decimal places 10PCTCUT/P12.2 WITH CYCLE_DAYS = 1......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Connecting 2 different Databases (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
Is the a connection between the two different Oracle servers? Or could you have one created? With ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] WebFOCUS server move (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
Generally with a virtual server the disk drives are virtual network drives except for the operating ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Upload file with webfocus (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
Are you uploading from the browser client to the WebFocus server or from the WebFocus Server to anot......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] COBOL Paragraphs (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
You have sent me to the way back machine. Although I have to admit I find myself forced to teach ho......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SHARING] Goodbye WebFOCUS (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
Good luck on the new position May I suggest don't get rid of your WebFocus Keysheet. You may hav......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] IF statement in -SET (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
With -SET shown when the value of &RUNTIMEPROMPT is not MD the where predicate would become WHERE ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] fexes to populate drop down controls in a launch page (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
Have a scheduled process create the files, in HTML syntax. Use filedef and !IBI.FIL to include them ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Focus DB to DB2 Conversion on Mainframe (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
What do you hope to gain by the change? Unless you have a very strong reason to have a DB2 data base......

Discussion Topic  RE: IBI should try this??? A Quarter Century Club (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
In ’83 I got tricked into learning FOCUS. I was an assembler programmer working with communication......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] TEMPPATH - what's under the hood? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
When we move from 5.5.3 to 7.6.4 I found when you use a scheduler e.g. AUTOSYS to start a WebFocus ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Mainframe Compressed File Format (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jim Morrow
Once you find out how they are read from a 3 Generation Language (FORTRAN, COBOL , C . . ) could sho......

» Refine Search
» New Search