Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (225 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  [Solved] Compound Excel report question (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
If you are creating a compound Excel document, the first table request will have an ON TABLE ... FOR......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [SHARING] Practice data files that come with WebFOCUS (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
For those of you who don't already know this, WebFOCUS comes with many sample datafiles, some of whi......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] (FOC358) ERROR ISSUING FILEDEF COMMAND (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
Well, nothing like having someone (or something) to bounce your thoughts off of! The cause was the ......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] (FOC358) ERROR ISSUING FILEDEF COMMAND (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
I have a WebFOCUS application I built which works fine. I need to change the location of the output......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] creating .xls file -- is it XLS or XHT with a .xls extension? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
The FILEDEF was the missing ingredient! I was trying to get the code to open the .XHT and do a Sav......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] creating .xls file -- is it XLS or XHT with a .xls extension? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
Hi Tony, Would you please show how to use your VB code to open a .XHT file and save it as a.XLS fil......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Combining Dissimilar Detail / Summary sections (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
If the data in the BY fields is essentially the same, but in different formats, then creating DEFINE......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Converting compound Excel .XHT file to .XLS (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
No Waz, I didn't. Thank you!...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Converting compound Excel .XHT file to .XLS (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
When WebFOCUS creates a compound Excel file, it writes it as a .XHT file, which is okay if it were g......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] converting Excel .xht to .xls (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
I have a focexec that calls several report focexecs and saves their output into a compound Excel wor......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] .LIST suffix in a WHERE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
Geez! Now I see it. It's just a qualified field name. I knew the LIST verb creates a numeric field......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] .LIST suffix in a WHERE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
Has anyone seen a WHERE statement like this? In this excerpt are the only 2 places "LIST" is used i......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] cutting integers (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
How about YEAR2D/I2= YEAR-2000; John...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] converting an alpha value to a date (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
Thanks, Tom. I had checked the documentation before posting this. I was hoping someone had done th......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] converting an alpha value to a date (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
What is a simple, concise way to convert an alpha field with date values into a date field? The dat......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] GETTOK in Dialiogue Manager (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
I'm having trouble with the first of these 2 GETTOK's. I need to extract the month and year from &D......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Controlling the timing of message output (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
I have a focexec that run a set of reports. This focexec is run via a launch page that supplies the......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] forms in FOCUS SIX (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
I have a project which involves working with an application built with FOCUS Six. It uses forms for......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Can ReportCaster log file display line numbers of errors (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
Thank you, Prash1983, but that isn't what I am looking for. I know how to debug a procedure. I'm w......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Can ReportCaster log file display line numbers of errors (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
Currently ReportCaster displays the error messages for the focexecs it runs. Is there a way to get ......

» Refine Search
» New Search