Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (44 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: create drop-down from value of another drop-down (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
Are you sure its the FILEDEF? What are your symptoms? I get the procedure to work ok, but I had to......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: Borders in Excel (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
No, I don't believe that you can do that with focus....

Discussion Topic  RE: pre naming a range in excel output? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
I may have a convoluted way to accomplish this, but I have not actually written the code for it. He......

Discussion Topic  RE: Excluding records in one to many join (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
I think your best bet is to use the MATCH command in this case. It is well described in the FOCUS m......

Discussion Topic  RE: Using variables in the where clause. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
Well, there are a couple of issues. First, the date values in your database, are they Integer forma......

Discussion Topic  RE: Accepting parameters. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
To do what you want, you will need to manipulate the input source year to become a full date value. ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Images in PDF report. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
I have run into this problem, and I have yet to find a way to get the images printed with Focus dire......

Discussion Topic  RE: How do you invoke the servlet? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
Here is how:......

Discussion Topic  RE: When Output to Excel a alpha value ID is converting to Numeric (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
I don't know which version of Excel you are using, but I am quite certain that the following string ......

Discussion Topic  RE: When Output to Excel a alpha value ID is converting to Numeric (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
I think a simpler solution would be to concatinate a single quote mark to the front of the ID string......

Discussion Topic  RE: two exl2k in same workbook ? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
This is not possible in the current release. At the last Summit I heard that there is a feature com......

Discussion Topic  RE: Compound in Self-service & cgi application (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
Instead of seeting the BASEURL, why not specify the full path in the style sheet? That will work in......

Discussion Topic  RE: Drill Down and USE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
I suggest you add a USE CLEAR * to clear out the USE structure in memory, just in case. An alterna......

Discussion Topic  RE: Passing Defined Fields as Parameters in a where statement (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
I don't think the GUI tool will let you default a dialogue manager variable. It only lets you creat......

Discussion Topic  RE: Conditionals Embedded in HTML (Try 2) (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
If you want to take control of your HTML you will need to use the HTMLFORM command to structure your......

Discussion Topic  RE: Displaying ALL Parameters (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
Not sure what you mean by "display". For instance, if you put on the first line of your fex the com......

Discussion Topic  RE: COMPUTEd field not totaling (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
Thanks. I did move it to a DEFINE and now it works as it should....

Discussion Topic  COMPUTEd field not totaling (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
A frustrating problem: I have a complex report in which I use DECODE to look up a value that needs t......

Discussion Topic  RE: PCHOLD FORMAT EXCEL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
Well, I don't think you can get Focus to do this. There are always titles, even if you don't want t......

Discussion Topic  RE: how to created multi path files using table command (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Steve C
Are these FOCUS files? Are they identical in their field definitions? If yes, then you can use the......

» Refine Search
» New Search