Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (154 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  How to join Host to same CrossReference 3-times? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
The Requirement: I must 'decode' three addressIDs in a host table with the same CrossReference table......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: Report Caster Error Logging (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
.eric, GinnyJakes, FrankDutch, Your cautions about removing &ECHO and using -TYPE in *.fex executed......

Discussion Topic  RE: how to read the specific record till the end of the file (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
mukumd, You don't tell us your end objective. If you're setting a flag to indicate some condition o......

Discussion Topic  RE: Redefine a field in focus load (mainframe) (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Thao, Regarding M Cavanaugh's option #2, adding a DEFINE statement (at the bottom) of a *.mas to cr......

Discussion Topic  RE: Folder structure and master file location questions (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
HCall, Like others, we organize our MFDs by business application and Data type. After 10 years of '......

Discussion Topic  RE: Report output - Text File (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Try this to achieve the column heading 'look' you've shown. I'll use Alpha columns, but integer, etc......

Discussion Topic  RE: Report Output (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
L_G: This looks like the output FOCUS gives with FORMAT WP, as in ON TABLE HOLD aaa FORMAT WP. I u......

Discussion Topic  RE: Limiting the master files viewed in the Masters List (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
I recommend reading Technical Memo #TM4550 which is for 5.2.6 and higher. I mentioned it wwaayy down......

Discussion Topic  RE: Report Caster - APP PATH workaround (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
I have found by experimentation (a FEX containing only APP SHOWPATH) that when you activate the 'App......

Discussion Topic  RE: complete guide to stylesheet syntax (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Not related to stylesheets, but while we're talking about handy guidebooks ("cheat sheets"?) ... He......

Discussion Topic  RE: New user question (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
JD, I'm in agreement with the others. Start out with the GUI. Get the essentials of what you want, ......

Discussion Topic  RE: How to limit items in WebFOCUS Masters List (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
GJ, Thanks for the advise about 'Turn On'. I'll check to confirm that we've got ours turned OFF. Un......

Discussion Topic  RE: Group or User Profiles in MRE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Piipster, Thanks for the answer to my previous Group Profile question (posting "How to limit items ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Creating a master file ... (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
GamP, Wonderful Solution! I'd never heard of or used file type DFIX. I cracked open my 'Describing ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Architecture design (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Maria, We have had good luck with the following archtecture: All 'live' operational data for our b......

Discussion Topic  RE: How to do Impact Analysis of MRE Fex's? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
GinnyJakes, I agree that Impact Analysis won't tell me if a Synonym or *.fex is actually used (exec......

Discussion Topic  How to do Impact Analysis of MRE Fex's? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Does anyone know of a way to perform 'Impact Analysis' on the Procedures and Synonyms stored in MRE'......

Discussion Topic  RE: Max No Records WF can Scan Through (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
TCI: An old FOCUS 'best practice' is to NEVER ever 'WHERE' on a DEFINEd field (unless it's a small ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Is Webfocus the one we should use? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
KenH, We have had success distributing WebFOCUS reports securely. Depending on the need and the a......

Discussion Topic  RE: Handling replication in ReportCaster (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Sorry, 'GJ' I guess I mispoke and now stand corrected. CB...

» Refine Search
» New Search