Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (154 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] EXL2K FORMULA Produces Values, not Formulae (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Thanks, all, for the CAR hints. I was able to demonstrate that it does work as expected ... if it's ......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] EXL2K FORMULA Produces Values, not Formulae (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
In my budgeting application a report with many columns is presented to the user as a very wide EXL2K......

Discussion Topic  &Var for USERID (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Is there an &var, more likely an &&var, that contains the USERID of the user submitting the *.fex fo......

Discussion Topic  RE: NESTED IF help... (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
... and those bulletin boards that strip out multiple spaces for the sake of enfoced 'brevity'....

Discussion Topic  RE: NESTED IF help... (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
This is why we who've been in the programming game for 30+ years like to indent stuff. It takes more......

Discussion Topic  RE: User provided parameters values in launch page (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Pre-process your SSNs into a *.txt file with one SSN per line. Use a preceding *.fex that drives an ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Services Start-Up Sequence Still Required in 7.x? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Thanks, guys for the quick replies. I'll no longer worry about this as I configure our remaining 7.6......

Discussion Topic  Services Start-Up Sequence Still Required in 7.x? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
We installed 5.3 in 2001 and were told then by IBI that when rebooting our Windows server, we had to......

Discussion Topic  RE: Generating Empty Reports in RCaster717 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
After the TABLE FILE ... END producing the report, use D/M to test the number of records put into th......

Discussion Topic  RE: Pass Field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
I presume that you expect a single value to be PRINTed by the first process. In that case, try WRITE......

Discussion Topic  RE: Running a ReportCaster Schedule Mon--Fri (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Make the schedule 'Weekly'. That will open a window with 7 check boxes, one for each day of the week......

Discussion Topic  RE: RCaster 'burst' Value into e-Mail's Subject (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Thanks so much....

Discussion Topic  RCaster 'burst' Value into e-Mail's Subject (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Does anyone know if the value controlling the bursting of RCaster output can be added into the Subje......

Discussion Topic  RE: Need to export user list (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Getting what you want is hard because the information isn't stored in neat tables, but hidden away i......

Discussion Topic  RE: Adapter Optimization (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Have you thought about defining 'views' in your RDBS and targeting FOCUS at them instead of at the '......

Discussion Topic  RCaster 'Burst' of Excel Compound Reports. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
What is the result of 'Burst'ing an EXL2K compound report. - A job produces a compound Excel report.......

Discussion Topic  RE: sorting values in a listbox? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
You don't indicate the source of the customer list you want to show in the listbox. I'm presuming yo......

Discussion Topic  RE: Programatic means of obtaining Adapter and Connection List (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
The 'edasprof.cfg' file is indeed a simple flat *.txt-like file. I've maintained them for years with......

Discussion Topic  RE: Problem writing to directory with long full path and filename (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
Sorry about the content of my previous post. I used angular brakets (gt,lt characters) in my represe......

Discussion Topic  RE: Problem writing to directory with long full path and filename (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by cburtt
The normal use of FILEDEF is "FILEDEF ......

» Refine Search
» New Search