Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 120
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (2387 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [solved] reading variable field length and variable occurs (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
Ginny, Darin, Susannah, JG Lot of suggestions to work out. The last one might bring me a step in th......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [solved] reading variable field length and variable occurs (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
I have a dataset (textfile) with variabele length fields and variable number of strings. Is there a ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] A Different Angle on Master Files Distinction (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
You also should take a look at the security aspects. In the master you can set access control for a ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Across Avg (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
What is your average summed field? can you create an average value in a normal view (not across)...

Discussion Topic  RE: Number of values in IN statement changed in 76? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
The solution GamP gives has some limitions too. But then you can create two or more external files a......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] FOCUS 7.13 XML format not a "true" XML file why?? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
Waz I'm interested for sure.... my email adress is frank.terlien@gmail.com thanks.......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] FOCUS 7.13 XML format not a "true" XML file why?? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
Alan Thanks for this old answer. I have got the basic idea to work for me, but I need some more co......

Discussion Topic  RE: Variables in SQL to label column titles (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
You can table the title database and put the results in amper variables with a -READ....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] using FML with Great Plains (or other GL with no hierarchy) (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
CB I think your datafile should be a focus database and not a text file. Create the focus files fro......

Discussion Topic  RE: [Solved] Can WF treat a field value as code rather than a literal value? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
Emilie We do something like this. Created a table that holds the formulas like this. I give an exam......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED]Generating alphanumeric values in Mainframe Focus (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
Shrikant It's not the same but I started a question some years ago about converting numbers to bina......

Discussion Topic  RE: [Closed] Synonym Time Field from DB2 Numeric Field - Closed but Unsolved (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
Brian This might help a bit. ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [Closed] Synonym Time Field from DB2 Numeric Field - Closed but Unsolved (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
Brian This might work, but only to display it as a time. It will not be a time field this way. ......

Brian I would suggest a compute. It can be done in several ways Convert to alpha and do an edit o......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Subtracting Data between Months (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
Your wish is my command, and trust me I will ask many others to do so..... Bye Minor...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Subtracting Data between Months (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
Well M. You post a question, you let people think about your problem and after some suggestions and......

Mayor I will NOT vote for you if it ever comes to voting..... Have a nice holiday anyhow......

Discussion Topic  RE: All I want for Christmas ........ (within Dev Studio) (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
What I wish is Reportcaster to be scheduled on the first business day of the month (or the second.........

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Across data (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
Joe If that does not work you can create your own list number with a calculated field. COMPUTE LNU......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Reformat Date Portion if DATE-TIME field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FrankDutch
Tom You really should buy that famous book...... The solution I would use depends partly of the da......

» Refine Search
» New Search