Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 34
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (674 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: ****CLOSED Difference calculation (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
Following up on the last item in my previous post about handling periods (assumed as months) that sp......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: ****CLOSED Difference calculation (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
Let's go back to the original request: ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]How to link to a MS Word Doc on a Shared Drive Linux (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
I looks like the issue here is how to issue a command from Linux that gets implemented in Windows. ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Backward Chaining Parameters using AJAX (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
That's what I was getting at, maybe in a clumsy way using only WF itself: The user makes an ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Backward Chaining Parameters using AJAX (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
Jack, you are so prescient! ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Display fields in same report but with different sort phrases (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
Danny, You are right. I didn't initially think it was necessary to reset the counter with each ZNUM......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Display fields in same report but with different sort phrases (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
Martin is correct. In a multi-verb request you need to repeat the BY phrases for any subsequent SUM......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Burst Function with multiple BY fields (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
You are right Eric (of course). But I got the impression from the original post that that wasn't p......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Burst Function with multiple BY fields (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
WFDevConsultant is correct. Reportcaster will use only the first BY field for bursting. So in yo......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Bursting EXL07 output in ReportCaster (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
I can only talk about WF up to 7705M, since I've switched to a non-IT related career now (I'm becomi......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Define a Specific Date For Use in Calculation (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
What you will need to do is create a DEFINE that calculates the difference between your target date ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Lengthy Subhead not considered in calculating the page count on groupby fiel (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
It looks to me like you are going to have to use a looping technique to get anywhere close to what y......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Lengthy Subhead not considered in calculating the page count on groupby fiel (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
Is the text in your subhead the same for each group? And the subfoot as well? You are asking for s......

I just ran your code and what I see is the massive header followed by a single line of data followed......

If you use the built-in page numbering you won't get a page number on the header page (which I would......

Probably your best bet is to create a compound report. So your header and footer are entirely separ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How do I sort my report based on subtotal amounts? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
Presumably you want to sort on the subtotal of a single field. You could do this by DEFINEing a new......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Dimension View -- hide Values field in Reporting Objects (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
If a column for Values appears in your report it's because you either put it there deliberately or y......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CASE OPENED] No Calender Feature when using USAGE=D.M.YY (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
Hi Horst, The only places where I've come across using periods as date separators are Germany and A......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED]Counter Based On Start & End Date (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Patton
How about using RANKED BY Start Date? Run the request and hold the result and you will have a new f......

» Refine Search
» New Search