Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (115 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Date format issue after migration (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Don't understand what the problem is here but DEFCENT/YRTHRS should only come into play when operati......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: Accessing Scheduled reports in WebFocus (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
I believe that what you want is what is called an Active Report. I believe it avaliable in 7.13. I......

Discussion Topic  RE: GETTOK (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
This MAY be a bug with gettok as I havle also used it for a long time. The same problem occurs with ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Web Focus Record Retrieval (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Maybe you should also post the master file description too. It's been a while since I have built a V......

Discussion Topic  RE: Count # of Mondays for the last month (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Use the DOWK function and just count the mondays. Instructions pasted below. Good Luck DOWK and DO......

Discussion Topic  RE: Dropping records??? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Are you aware that you have a reserved word "rectyp" in your master? Rectyp is usually followed with......

Poll  RE: How do you develop your PDF reports? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Not Accessible By You: You Do Not Have Permission To View Polls In This Forum

Discussion Topic  RE: Sum numbers only if they meet a criteria (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Another way without using a define would be to just filter out the positive balance records by addin......

Discussion Topic  RE: Cleared sum value (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
I would change the request to be : TABLE FILE CAR SUM PRICE BY BUY_DATE WHERE TOTAL PRICE NE 0; END......

Discussion Topic  RE: Matching - not what it's cracked up to be (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
You are not following the syntax correctly. Match file requires the by fields from each file to nam......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Substituting the start and end dates in a procedure (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
I think that the datemov function only works with smart dates. If you always want the first and las......

Discussion Topic  RE: (FOC016) THE TRUNCATED FIELDNAME IS NOT UNIQUE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
I assume that FIELDA FIELDAZ are not the real field names. If they are then I would rename them to s......

Discussion Topic  RE: Concatinating data to create one record per account (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Try building a counter with your account (assuming that the file/data is in account order) and then ......

Discussion Topic  RE: MVS DYNAM / MOD KEEP (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Assuming that the fields extracted are the same format for each hold file, why not just change the h......

Discussion Topic  RE: Writing Records in Reverse Order (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Here is another way without using a hold file. DEFINE FILE P7 CNTR/I9= LAST CNTR +1; END TABLE FILE ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Any Focal Point Activities at Summit? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
This was emailed to me today: User Forum Roundtable Luncheon Summit | Tuesday - April 25, 2006 Th......

Discussion Topic  RE: Counting Records (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Try this: DEFINE FILE CAR CARCNT/I4 WITH CAR =1; END TABLE FILE CAR PRINT CAR CARCNT NOPRINT BY COU......

Discussion Topic  RE: Dates, date functions and where statements (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
How just subtracting a year using Dialog Manager: -SET &INPDT='03062006'; -SET &INPDTMD=EDIT(&INPDT......

Discussion Topic  RE: SPA problem (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
I'm not a modify guru but I did not know modify could even update a flat file. I thought it would on......

Discussion Topic  RE: Looping a report with a parameter - (Mainframe Focus) (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
? release gives the mainframe version of Focus. ? ptf will give all the applied patches. et...

» Refine Search
» New Search