Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (115 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Summit Complimentary Registration (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
I can't seem to find the agenda for the 2006 conference that was to be up in January. Can someone s......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: ROW Level Comaprision (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
This is piggy solution and hopefully maybe others can supply a more elegant solution. This is assum......

Discussion Topic  RE: MVS 7.1.1 sort (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
The original report appears to be a sort using an EBCDIC character set most likely from an IBM mainf......

Discussion Topic  RE: testing for substring pattern (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
I do not know why it does not work. Our version of focus only allows a max length for an alpha fiel......

Discussion Topic  RE: testing for substring pattern (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
The posit subroutine is probably what you need to use. I have pasted the the instructions for this f......

Discussion Topic  RE: MacGyver Technique problems (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
The Fseq master describes not a focus file (suffix=fix) but a flat file that is 80 bytes long with a......

Discussion Topic  RE: &FOCERRNUM and FOCERROR (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Sorry, hope someone else can help. I'm not a db2 interface expert. I'm just told to include this cod......

Discussion Topic  RE: &FOCERRNUM and FOCERROR (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
The reason for your request was not stated. I assume you want to stop the batch job after a db2 erro......

Discussion Topic  RE: I HATE DATES! (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
The date in my example was hardcoded in the define but it could be a easily be a date that was promp......

Discussion Topic  RE: I HATE DATES! (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Here is some code with the car file and the results. &H1 has a date with a translated month that I u......

Discussion Topic  RE: VSAM (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Thanks Noreen. I have no way to really test this. I have built many Vsam masters in the past but the......

Discussion Topic  RE: VSAM (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Noreen What if there was an external file of ssn's that needed to be joined to the file described......

Discussion Topic  RE: DB2 - database efficiencies with counting and summing (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
This was exactly the point I was trying to make earlier with conplex sql code....

Discussion Topic  RE: DB2 - database efficiencies with counting and summing (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
I don't really know sql, just Focus. I have however used Focus against DB2 files for a long time. It......

Discussion Topic  RE: Sorting Problem (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Here is one way. Mainframe focus 7.11. I'm sure there are many others that are better. Using the C......

Discussion Topic  RE: Generating a List of Numbers (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Try this:......

Discussion Topic  RE: Different result for ACROSS (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
brute force......

Discussion Topic  RE: FOCUS for z/OS - FOCMAP - TSO Id? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Noreen,......

Discussion Topic  RE: create file for cobol (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Try this code. Good luck......

Discussion Topic  RE: Recordlimit (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ET
Try:......

» Refine Search
» New Search