Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (103 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Calculate Height of Document in Document Composer (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
Would setting PRINTPLUS=ON help? It clears up some problems with page breaks and footings in PDF....
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Any techniques to disable a Submit button until report renders in New Window (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
The closest we've come is trying to get the users to select Run in New Window. We find they are les......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Reportcaster ID variable (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
Or go to the Task tab and pass it as a job parameter? Although the previously provided suggestions ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to handle NULL values returned by db_lookup function (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Kevin W
MISSING is the WebFocus keyword for NULL. But you have to explicitly look for it (MISSING=ON). Oth......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]More White-space on pages of a PDF report after Upgrading to WebFOCUS 8 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
Thanks SWES, I will have to try FILECOMPRESS. Most of our PDFs, being for human consumption, are no......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]More White-space on pages of a PDF report after Upgrading to WebFOCUS 8 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
On a side topic, I'm still a fan of PRINTPLUS=ON when generating a PDF. It cuts down on white space......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED]-SET using DATEADD (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
Is it again time to suggest the document "1001 Way to Work With Dates" by Price and Perlmutter publi......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]How to generate an Excel Workbook (version 2000, 2010, or 2016) ? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
And of course I got this exactly backwards. EXL07 and XLSX are now synonyms. EXL2K is older (2000)......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]How to generate an Excel Workbook (version 2000, 2010, or 2016) ? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
I'm not sure exactly when it occurred in Version 8 (from the beginning?), but EXL2K and XLSX are now......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Dev Studio 7.6.11 & Dev Studio 8.1.5 on same machine (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
We set up separate VMs with 8. The versions share the IE cache, so they step on each other. There ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]WebFOCUS HTML Page in IE11 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
We are considering rolling out IE11 during our upgrade from 7705 to 8103. IE11 is not playing nicel......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Character count function? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
We are going to 8.1.0.3. So I can use some and not others probably. I just wanted to see more topi......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Character count function? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
Waz, what is the path to the entry point of the Masterindex? It seems different than ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [FRUSTRATED OPINIONS] GUI? Bah Humbug (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
As we are on our long odyssey to move from 7.7 to 8.1, I can tell you that our composer items have r......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Date Conversion from A10 to MDYY (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
I got my employer to buy a copy....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Date Conversion from A10 to MDYY (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
Time to recommend the book "(Almost) 1001 Ways to Work With Dates in WebFOCUS" by Price and Perlmutt......

Discussion Topic  RE: Job Opening--Programmer II-Report Developer (in Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements) by Kevin W
Those of us with a lifetime of experience in Focus/WebFocus sometimes don't have a university degree......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Ampersands (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
This sounds vaguely familiar. Check the contents of Walter Blood's Hidden Gems classes from this ye......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Anybody reporting off of Maximo tables? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
We have customized Maximo for our industry. My DBA tells me that our in-house Maximo team worked wi......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Just upgraded to 8104 with AppStudio (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Kevin W
I usually create a shell program and copy and paste the code. There are differences in the environm......

» Refine Search
» New Search