Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (118 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Trying to add records with match (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
Here's another idea... This code will print all employees in a department that has hired someone in......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: Defines, tables and joins............................ (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
Hi db, You could create a temporary hold file (from your employee file) for the manager information......

Discussion Topic  RE: Suppressing Sub-Total Labels (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
Hi Vickie, Here's an old trick that uses a dummy field that is set to a blank. I don't know if this......

Discussion Topic  RE: Loop while changing a variable each iteration (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
Try this. It should create three different spreadsheets with country being a part of the name. TABL......

Discussion Topic  RE: CSV File with semi-colon separator (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
Hi LennyR, I've done what Leah suggested and then run the hold file thru the following perl script:......

Discussion Topic  RE: Generating CSV files as ouput (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
Aparna, Try using a FILEDEF command as follows: FILEDEF FORUM859 DISK \\some\network\drive\forum\f......

Discussion Topic  RE: Generating CSV files as ouput (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
I get the FOC1517 error message alot and just ignore it. It's complaining about something but doesn'......

Discussion Topic  RE: mailing labels - page break (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
That depends on what version of focus you are using. We have an older version of focus running on VM......

Discussion Topic  RE: mailing labels - page break (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
Hi Pam, I'll start with the code for squeezing out blank lines. I'm assuming you are still using th......

Pam, I just noticed the heading above did not post correctly. The following is what it should be bu......

Hi Pam, Here's an example using the CAR file. This will print labels two across and three down(six ......

Discussion Topic  RE: How do I add a leading zero? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
Hi Suzanne, There's a formatting option of an 'L' that can be used with numeric fields which will r......

Discussion Topic  Error creating a focus file with an index fieldname greater than 12 characters (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
Hi All, I can't seem to create a focus file (using on table hold) with an index that has a fieldnam......

Discussion Topic  RE: How can I print a pdf report in a batch process? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
Thanks RickW, I'll give this a try. Jim...

Discussion Topic  How can I print a pdf report in a batch process? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
Hi All, I've created a pdf report and saved it as a disk file named xyz.pdf. I can use CMD COPY to ......

Discussion Topic  RE: How do I call a FEX from a Managed Reporting Domain from a batch file? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
dhagen, We currently use report caster for most of our scheduling. The biggest problem I have with ......

Discussion Topic  RE: How do I call a FEX from a Managed Reporting Domain from a batch file? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
Tony & TS, Sorry about the confusion, but after reading Tony's post, the client and the reporting s......

dhagen, I think you are correct, unfortunately my Perl knowledge is pretty limited so I don't know h......

Discussion Topic  How do I call a FEX from a Managed Reporting Domain from a batch file? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
I'm using the following Perl command to call a FEX in webfocus: my $rc = system(qq(c:\\ibi\\srv52\\......

Discussion Topic  RE: ReportCaster - No report to distribute - Causes "On Error" e-mail notification (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
OK...Now I get it! I've never used CMD NET SEND - Can you post an example of this? Thanks...

» Refine Search
» New Search