Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (150 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  url encoding (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
Is there a function or simple way to URL-encode a string? I'd like to parameterize the MR Domain fo......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: getting substring (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
Yep, that's what I had been looking for. Thanks Tom Guru....

Discussion Topic  RE: getting substring (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
good to know about the .LENGTH feature, but I am able to get the length using ARGLEN, b/c I do know ......

Discussion Topic  getting substring (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
In dialog manager, I'm trying to trim the spaces from the end of a string. I tried TRIM, but of cou......

Discussion Topic  RE: db name parm in SQL stored proc (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
Excellent. that's what I was looking for. Thanks Francis....

Discussion Topic  RE: db name parm in SQL stored proc (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
well, that's one way to do it, but you'd have to add a parameter to every stored procedure to know i......

Discussion Topic  db name parm in SQL stored proc (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
I'm trying to parameterize the database name for use in calling a MSSQL stored proc: SQL SQLMSS E......

Discussion Topic  READ fixed length var (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
I'm trying to read 2 variables from a SQL stored procedure output: TABLE FILE SQLOUT PRINT id messa......

Discussion Topic  RE: sql return code (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
Now, I've got a related question. In my SP, I'm trapping any errors (such as key violations) and do......

Discussion Topic  RE: sql return code (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
&RETCODE. Actually, since the integer return is not real descriptive, I've decided to do a SELECT at......

i'm actually doing several things in the SP (all within a transaction with commit and rollback). th......

Discussion Topic  sql return code (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
I'm trying to call a SQL stored proc that does a few inserts and returns an integer code (0 for succ......

Discussion Topic  RE: simple date conversion help (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
And thanks Frank for your suggestion. While Francis' is simple, yours allows me to group by the def......

Discussion Topic  RE: simple date conversion help (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
Outstanding Francis. Thanks so much....

Discussion Topic  simple date conversion help (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
I'm trying to convert "2007/02/01 09:35:00.000" to "Feb". The field is a format "HYYMDs" and the re......

Discussion Topic  RE: Insert SQL with datetime field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
btw, i don't think you have to have the timestamp to insert. SQL expects datetimes to be in quotes ......

Discussion Topic  RE: read multiple columns (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
ok, thanks everyone for your responses....

Discussion Topic  RE: read multiple columns (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
just to clarify, i'm able to get this working it seems, but the A50 cols are right padded...very ann......

Discussion Topic  read multiple columns (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
i'm working on using -READ to get the columns from a query that returns 1 record. i've got: -READ ......

Discussion Topic  RE: simple date add (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MacLonghorn
ah yes... i was close...i wasn't using the '$' in EDIT. Thanks Francis....

» Refine Search
» New Search