Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (126 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Passing Variables from a procedure to a data flow (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jessica Bottone
Try this: -DEFAULT &&TESTVAR='&&TESTVAR' EX CMASAP REQ_NAME=df_mytest_fm_to_sql, CM_ASYNC=OFF, PAR......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to trace what a program is doing (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jessica Bottone
When I was doing mainframe FOCUS, executing focexecs via JCL, we simply put SET MSG = ON in the JCL ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED]HIPER LEFT - JOIN ISSUE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jessica Bottone
Some questions: What is the actual FOCUS error you're getting? You'll see something like '(FOC' fol......

Discussion Topic  RE: Data Migrator -- Any way to Print without the doggone E fields? (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Jessica Bottone
Couple of assumptions I'm making: (a) you are either looking directly into the .FEX with something l......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: Updating data in ETL (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Jessica Bottone
Several questions first.... Did you check the ETL log to see if there were any errors? You should s......

Discussion Topic  RE: Not Getting the Formal Training Either- Frustrating! (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jessica Bottone
I also have the Focus Made Easy book and recommend it. Like Ginny said, the language hasn't changed......

Discussion Topic  RE: DM Variable Maximum Numeric Value (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jessica Bottone
This worked for us: -SET &NEW_VALUE = FTOA(&ORIG_VALUE, '(D10c)', A13); I recommend reading up on ......

Discussion Topic  RE: ETL - Performance Question regarding SAP to FOCUS (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Jessica Bottone
I'm not all that familiar with SAP so please forgive me for may seem to be a stupid question. What ......

Discussion Topic  RE: FOC034 - Print Line exceeds the Maximum width is:257 (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Jessica Bottone
Go to ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Run Flow in Defered mode (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Jessica Bottone
The first thing that came to mind was the Scheduler. While you've not actually 'scheduled' anything......

Discussion Topic  RE: Import txt file in Data Migrator (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Jessica Bottone
Yes. Do you have a master created for the flat file? If not, you'll need to do that first. Depend......

Discussion Topic  RE: mapping unprintable characters to blank (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jessica Bottone
Couple of questions: (1) Does this field contain both printable characters you want to keep and the ......

Discussion Topic  RE: SQL File as source for report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jessica Bottone
If you've generated reports against other RDBMS data sources, then the process is the same. If this......

Discussion Topic  RE: Focus Format Errors Handling (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Jessica Bottone
I did not know about the variable &FORMAT. I know about the ones that will tell you how many record......

Discussion Topic  RE: Focus Format Errors Handling (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Jessica Bottone
The answer to this will depend on where the FOCUS formatting errors (FOC1346 & FOC1130) are coming f......

Discussion Topic  RE: SQL FETCH CURSOR ERROR (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Jessica Bottone
Also, what 'loop' is it in when it fails and what are the values of the variables at that time? You......

Discussion Topic  RE: SQL FETCH CURSOR ERROR (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Jessica Bottone
Prasanna, you mentioned increasing NTILE from 20 to 20000 and it worked, but the code you included d......

Discussion Topic  RE: SQL Pass-through security risks (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jessica Bottone
In reference to Linus's comment, I would bet that any DBA security set up in the masters could also ......

Discussion Topic  RE: How to access non-clustered indices in MS SQL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jessica Bottone
I'm with Majid on this one. While WF does not need to know, the programmer probably should. Knowin......

Discussion Topic  RE: suppressing output in a transform (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Jessica Bottone
Is this Data Migrator or Services Manager? If this is Data Migrator, and if what Pete Webster sugge......

» Refine Search
» New Search