Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 49
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (975 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Running batch WebFOCUS using edastart (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Stan, 5-6 years ago I was in the same boat. We used FOCUS for HP-UX and we moved to a Linux guest ......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Use TODAY in date calculations (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Tracie, you were close. Use the HGETC function instead of TODAY. For example if Oracle Date is HYY......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED]Problem dropping temp tables from Oracle (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
That (CASCASDE CONSTRAINTS) did not work, but further down in the link was the PURGE option and that......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED]Problem dropping temp tables from Oracle (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Actually, I got the FORMAT ORACLE syntax from the FOCUS manual titled, "Interface to Oracle Users Ma......

Same thing. The only problem with checking with Oracle or Oracle forums is that it only occurs with......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED]Problem dropping temp tables from Oracle (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I am building some temp tables using ON TABLE HOLD AS tmpname FORMAT ORACLE. All is working fine un......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED?] Need Help Understading Differing Aggregate Results (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Have you looked at the actual SQL that WebFOCUS is generating? What do your filter conditions look ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] About Conditional Formatting (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I figured it out. As this report is a free-form report with nothing but heading, I just had a BY ph......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] About Conditional Formatting (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I have 5 fields in a heading line. By default, I want these fields to be bold and backcolor yellow.......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] ? FILE - when does this return a value? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Can you have their job submit your job via DSTRUN?...

Discussion Topic  RE: Question on Standard Time for running report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
The other thing to keep in mind is that response time (time from when the submit button is pressed u......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Can you import directly from Excel into Mainframe FOCUS? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I do this all the time, however, I ususally save the worksheet as a tab-delimited file. I then uplo......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] JOIN CLEAR * (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Whoever told you the JOIN CLEAR * is not necessary is mistaken. There are situations, like a single......

Poll  RE: POLL: Next Summit destination (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Not Accessible By You: You Do Not Have Permission To View Polls In This Forum

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Is there a TABLE FILE mapping utility out there ? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
While we are on the subject of documentation, here's one I wrote a long time ago to print out .mas f......

Discussion Topic  RE: SQLORA - unable to insert all records. (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by jgelona
What I would do is put the 100 values in a file. Then do the following: ......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: SQLORA - unable to insert all records. (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by jgelona
Kat, This is the syntax we use and we are now on 10g. The only difference I see is that we list th......

You can put almost anything in its own .fex file and just use -INCLUDE programname in the fex that i......

Try this: ......

Discussion Topic  RE: DSTRUN userid/password (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
That is what we did as well. In fact we just set up a generic fex that we run or -INCLUDE and just ......

» Refine Search
» New Search