Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 73
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (1451 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Supplying -DEFAULT values with amper variables (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
John DEFAULTS cannot be set to another &variable, it will just contain the name of the &variable. ......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: Master-Detail in single PDF report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
Maybe someone else can help out here, my SQL is hopeless. What I was saying in the previous post is......

Discussion Topic  RE: Master-Detail in single PDF report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
I would create this with the PDF layout painter. Create the 3 reports on the page, in the layout yo......

Discussion Topic  RE: Problem correctly populating a Focus file (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
Oh Error, It should be 6 $s' Mark, not 5, and because the time delimiter is a '.' (not a ':'), it is......

Discussion Topic  RE: Problem correctly populating a Focus file (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
To convert a time in Alpha format to seconds, try: ......

If you do get a comma in your data, or to be very safe, you should use: ......

Glad it worked mark. The $ is the delimiter to declare the end of that data transaction. FIXFORM i......

Change to use FREEFORM, and sepearte the &fields with a comma, end with a $ ......

Discussion Topic  RE: getting the FIND to work with sqlout (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
Nate, What is the code for the SQLOUT file? If it is not too complicated you may be able to put it......

Discussion Topic  RE: getting the FIND to work with sqlout (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
Nate I think the topic I was thinking of is. ......

Discussion Topic  RE: public self-service page (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
Darin mentioned the use of JSP which may be a nice approach in having public access to a basically s......

Discussion Topic  RE: Using display values of WHERE in page heading (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
Oh John Just when I had a thought... An example from the car file, fixed values in one selection, o......

Discussion Topic  RE: Regd: Focus database extraction (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
You have to be careful and/or brave when traversing multi-path/multi-record data files and placing t......

Discussion Topic  RE: Regd: Focus database extraction (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
Rajesh Frank is correct, it will be the multi-paths that are causing your issue. basically in your......

Rajesh I think I need more information from you to help here. The master file you are extracting fr......

If you are extracting over multi paths, then the approach in my previous response will still work. ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Align Fields in Reports (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
Here's an example of utilising OVER in a grid type layout, as OPALTOSH said, using a style sheet to ......

Discussion Topic  RE: using set on dateformats (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
De nada....

Discussion Topic  RE: using set on dateformats (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
Try this: ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Passing variable values to drill down report in ReportPainter (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
Hi Rich I will try and help you here. I am not great with report painter, so bear with me. When yo......

» Refine Search
» New Search