Focal Point
Adding Weight column to Measures - Current VS Prior Report?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/1001015692

August 22, 2008, 03:34 PM
Moogle
Adding Weight column to Measures - Current VS Prior Report?
Hi,

When you link a measure to an objective, you also give it a weight value. You can see this on the Objectives - Current VS Previous report, in the weight column. If you drill down from that report, to the Measures - Current VS Previous report, you are shown the measures linked to that objective. I've got a requirement to show the weight column on the Measures report, and I was hoping someone would help me with understanding how to do it.

For the Objectives report, the weight field is CURR_OBJECTIVE_BALANCE. That's not an available field when I do a "? HOLD PASS2" in the Measures report (TODMEAS1.fex). I suspect a join is needed to bring this field through, but to which table and on which key?

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows
August 22, 2008, 05:10 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
CURR_OBJECTIVE_BALANCE or OBJECTIVE_BALANCE is the field that shows the weight of the Objective in a Scorecard; OBJECTIVE_BALANCE_PERSP shows the weight of the Objective within the Perspective. To get that field, your extract would have to run PASS2 logic at minimum. TODMEAS1.FEX runs PASS1 logic - otherwise known as "measures only." The fact that you have FILTERED the report to a scorecard in the dropdown doesn't control the way the report aggregates the data, it is only a filter.

I'd recommend if you want to be able to access the balance that you use a custom coded report that does PASS2 (OBJECTIVES) logic. I know there are mentions of a HOLD PASS2 in TODMEAS1.FEX, but as you might remember from PMF class, that is a really old report and has a couple odd things in it like using a HOLD file name of PASS2 for PASS1 aggregated data. Have a look inside PMF_BOOKLET_DATA.FEX at a REPORT_TYPE of OBJECTIVES_AND_MEASURES. That's what you're lookin' for.

To see the logic I'm talking about here, have a look at OBJECTIVES PREVIOUS V. CURRENT (obj_prevcurr_a.fex) which is also a tree style report and which displays the weights.

Note also that V5 includes some strategic templates.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!