Focal Point
Flex and Google Maps in PMF

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/365109762

October 15, 2009, 09:17 AM
Clinton Side-Kick
Flex and Google Maps in PMF
Dear all,
has there been any further developments within PMF to harness these technologies in Gadgets (apart from the "Utility - Google Search on Filter" gadget)?
Has anyone projected their actual and target data spatially onto either Google Maps or ESRI lets say by the Location dimention?
Any thoughts and ideas will be welcome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prod: WF/AS 8.2.05; OmniGen;
In FOCUS since 1991
October 15, 2009, 09:57 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
PMF 5.2 will have seven pre-built Flex components purpose-built for use with data in the PMF data mart. They will be "gadgets" so they can just be dropped onto any Dashboard using the PMF Dashboard Designer, and support Preferences as any other Gadget. They're being tested in the lab now and look really slick.

Figure 5.2.1 will be generally available toward the end of the year.

Anyone else out there who's built any Google Map or Flex components?

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

October 15, 2009, 10:00 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
To support Google Maps you could correspond location names to ZIP codes or Geocodes via a lookup table. You can download the US ZIP code/Lat/Long table in CSV format from the US Postal Svc (we did). You can then write a FOCEXEC that returns the ZIP or Lat/Long for any location name. Of course your Location names will have to correspond somehow to those in the CSV file. You might have to remap them if you've got custom names for your locations, so if you call Boston "Beantown" you'll need to create a file that does the mapping.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

October 16, 2009, 03:48 AM
Clinton Side-Kick
Thanks Bob,
You have answered my questions.
I'm still open to any practical examples of existing implementations...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prod: WF/AS 8.2.05; OmniGen;
In FOCUS since 1991