We're pleased to announce the first publicly available Beta of the PMX Platform Developer Guide.
This nearly-100 page book steps you through many common development and customization needs most common to consultants when making PMF work, look and act exactly the way you want it to. The Guide shows you how to:
- Make new custom Gadgets to be included in the PMF Gadget catalog
- Accept parameters coming from PMF drills into your custom WebFOCUS reports and other Web applications
- Develop your own custom look for PMF's out of the box User-Interface, gadgets, charts, indicator sets, and reports
- Customize the drill menus displayed in various PMF contexts (example: clicking on Measures, Objectives, etc.)
- Understand the overall architecture of PMF
- And more...
The PMX Platform Developer Guide is now publicly available to all PMF customers at http://demoportal.ibi.com/doc/...-Developer-Guide.pdf
Note that this Guide is a work in progress; it will be continually updated as PMF evolves and as new developer needs occur. We'll announce revisions here on the forum.
Note that you don't need this guide unless you're currently writing code in PMF to enhance it for your site or customers. The PMF Release documentation would be your source for general information on how to use the framework - e.g., learning how to use PMF, create and load data into Measures and Dimensions, etc. FEEDBACK:
Feedback about the Guide is welcome. You can post feedback right here on the PMF Forum by prepending your post title request with [PMF DEVGUIDE] We welcome suggestions on what more information to include. We'd also love to hear about specific customizations you've made, and to be able to include any code examples you'd like to pass to us in the Guide, of benefit to other PMF developers/cusomizers. As always we promise to answer your questions fast.
Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!