Focal Point
Threshold, Flex and turning colors

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/4211052592

August 12, 2008, 03:17 PM
gregv
Threshold, Flex and turning colors
Hi,

Is there a way to use the Threshold and Flex definition for a measure on a custom report?

I've looked at a_compute_rpt_vars.fex and understand it a little (still more to learn).

But in there it uses the Threshold and Flex which are already pulled from the PMF metadata.

How do I get those values to pass to this routine in a custom report?

Thanks.

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8
August 12, 2008, 10:43 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
I'm assuming you're trying to develop a new report that goes off PMF data. If that's not the case, then I missed the point.

If you are writing a new report that uses PMF data, you should use pmf_booklet_data.fex as your core extraction logic. That FOCEXEC does all the work - it's sort of the Swiss Army Knife of PMF. You simply set some parameters and then INCLUDE this FOCEXEC, and you get a HOLD file ready to use with the data you want. The name of this file depends on the PASS you are running - and the PASSes get higher as you go above the "dimension and measure" level of aggregation in PMF. But in short:

PASS1 - Measure aggregation
PASS2 - Objective aggregation
PASS3 - Perspective aggregation (groupings of Objectives)
PASS4 - Scorecard aggregation.

There is no PASS5 and there probably will never be.

Now, you might ask, *what* parameters. Wonder of Wonders, until our Development Guide comes out, there is actually pretty good documentation *within* pmf_booklet_data.fex itself. All the parms you would care about when running an extraction fro PMF to your report are there.

Have a look, and then let's see what questions you might still have.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!