Focal Point
Creating new "blank" PMF SQL database

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/4211089713

February 12, 2009, 07:28 PM
Endre
Creating new "blank" PMF SQL database
I copied the pmf_datamart database into a new, empty database with the Import utility.

When I tried to create a time dimension from external table, I was getting message from PMF "failure dropping dimension table". I text searched the mainstreet application folder for this string and found it in the dim_loader_metadata.fex. Looks like it calls the database stored procedure pmf_drop_table.
Looks like, the MS SQL database import utility doesn't copy stored procedures, just tables and views. I can only see two stored procedures in pmf_datamart that I can copy easily to the new database. Is there anything else I should copy?
thnx
Endre

WebFocus 7.6.8
iWay Data Migrator 7.6.8
PMF 5.1
February 13, 2009, 09:16 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Hi Endre--
Import will not work for many reasons; it does not copy SQL metadata between databases at all, which means a whole bunch of stuff will be broken. There are only two operational ways to create a new pmf datamart and both are even easier than import.

You can either:

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

February 16, 2009, 01:28 PM
Moogle
Hi Bob,

I've ran the mqlmss.sql on an empty database, and pointed the adapter to the same database. All objects were created properly, and PMF is now working as desired.

This issue is resolved.

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows