Focal Point
Behavior of Objective Statuses

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/48910781

February 24, 2009, 11:22 AM
jsp_lbf
Behavior of Objective Statuses
I have several user entered activity measures across my scorecards which behave similarly and I am encountering a problem that I could use some assistance on. I'll use a hypothetical example.

I have an objective with one measure, I'll call it Number of Board Meetings Attended. The target is 4 for the year but I have the targets set up so that in the 12 monthly buckets the values are stured as follows: 0,0,1,0,0,1,0,0,1,0,0,1. The months of March, June, Sept, and Dec each have 1 so that they add up to 4 for the year.

Now, in January I report an actual of zero to measure against the target of zero, both of which are correct. When I evaluate the measure the status is green as I would expect. However when I look at the Strategy Map it evaluates the objective as red, which is contradictory to the measure status.

Any help with a suggestion or workaround is greatly appreciated.

PMF 5.1.1
February 24, 2009, 03:52 PM
EricH
You can set this up as a quarterly Measure - since the board only meets 4 times a year.
February 27, 2009, 08:59 AM
jsp_lbf
Is that done by going into edit measure entry and selecting quarter from the 'aggregation at level' drop down?

Many thanks Eric.

PMF 5.1.1
February 27, 2009, 10:33 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Indeed, it's configured in the Measure Loader panel on that first tab (Dimensions). This sets the lowest level of aggregation for the Measure.

Hope this helps

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

March 03, 2009, 02:36 PM
jsp_lbf
Bob,

If I do this does it imply that the measure will only be displayed at the end of every quarter, on reports such as the Previous vs Current? All of my other measures aggregate monthly.

Thanks.

PMF 5.1.1
March 03, 2009, 02:42 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
The data will display as it is loaded. So you would see quarter to date.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!