Focal Point
[Solved] Dimension Tree filtering behaviour

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/5931009992

September 19, 2008, 03:10 PM
Moogle
[Solved] Dimension Tree filtering behaviour
Hi,

My client has a six level dimension called Organization. If they enter a measure at the lowest level of the dimension, the actual values are stored just fine. The problem occurs when they are trying to use the dimension tree filters to only show measures at the lowest level. They get a screen indicating no records were found. If they choose the level just ABOVE where they entered the measure, it shows them the lowest level values instead of the level they clicked on. Because of this behaviour, they are prevented from accurate filtering with the dimension tree.

Is this working as designed, and if so, why? If not, please advise.

Cheers,

Joey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moogle,

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows
September 19, 2008, 04:05 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Sounds as if it's working as designed in this case... the tree reports break out the next level at the level you click. So if you put the data in quarterly and then click on a quarter in that report, you might expect to see just that quarter, but actually what you will see is the months within that quarter.

Same with the other dimensions when you click them... it breaks out all items of the next lowest level that appear within a level. So if you have for example a location dimension that goes country>region>state>city and click Region, it will list States in that region.

Hope this makes sense.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

September 22, 2008, 09:37 AM
Moogle
Yes, this does makes sense. If the client wants different behaviour, I will build them an HTML launch page instead.

Cheers,

Joey