Focal Point
New install didn't create MR users

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/59310942

February 28, 2009, 10:27 PM
Endre
New install didn't create MR users
I had a new PMF 5.1.1 install.
WF server is running fine, all test passed. RC running, verified.
During the PMF install there were no errors, the PMF SQL tables were created fine.
After the install, we found that there were no PMF MR users and roles were created. Is there a way to create the PMF MR users after the PMF installation?
thnx
Endre

WebFocus 7.6.8
iWay Data Migrator 7.6.8
PMF 5.1
March 02, 2009, 01:12 PM
Rob Recker
Endre,

The common reason for users and / or groups to not be created at installation time is that ReportCaster is running in console mode. So, first make sure that ReportCaster is up and running in full function mode, then go to [drive]:\ibi\WebFOCUSxx\utilities\ and run PMFadditions.bat. This will create the users after the installation has been run.

Rob Recker
  Information Builders
800 . 736 . 6130
March 02, 2009, 01:29 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
If Caster is running in Console mode it's not really running. Typically this happens if Caster can't connect to its backend database repository during startup.

Note that WebFOCUS 768 and higher have a new function added that lets the PMF installer check to see if Caster is REALLY running.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

March 02, 2009, 03:20 PM
Endre
I had ReportCaster running in Standard (not Console) mode during the install. I had the PMF tables created in the SQL database successfully, so I'm not sure why the pmfadditions.bat wasn't successful at that time.

I did notice that the bat file has the sqljdbc.jar rather than the sqljdbc4.jar file. Technical support advises MS SQL 2005 users to use sqljdbc4.jar rather than sqljdbc.jar. When I was installing ReportCaster, I was erroring out using sqljdbc.jar. Once I used sqljdbc4.jar, ReportCaster installed and started ok.

I replaced sqljdbc.jar with sqljdbc4.jar in the pmfadditions.bat file and rerun the pmfadditions.bat file in a command window. It worked!-- now I have the users and groups for PMF.
Thank you.
Endre

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Endre,

WebFocus 7.6.8
iWay Data Migrator 7.6.8
PMF 5.1