Focal Point
[Resolved] Card: combobox shows ------------------, 'txtToday' is undefined warning

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/69510323

March 06, 2009, 11:45 AM
Moogle
[Resolved] Card: combobox shows ------------------, 'txtToday' is undefined warning
Hi Team,

If I have PMF open for a while with no activity, my session expires. When I go to log back in, I do not have anything in the scorecard/'Card:' combobox except a bunch of dashes. There is a browser warning icon in the bottom left, and when I look at the details, this is what it says:

Line: 444
Char: 7
Error: 'txtToday' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: http:///approot/mainstreet/pmf_ribbon.htm?PREF_TAB=TODAY&

PMF will load my default today page for the default scorecard. I confirmed that the default scorecard is being set by drilling to an operational report and looking at the scorecard variables.

I can correct this error by loging off and deleting my browser cache. This is obviously not ideal, and I'd like to prevent this from happening to my users.

Please advise.

Cheers,

Joey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moogle,

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows
March 06, 2009, 11:56 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
My first hunch here, without knowing too much about your environment, is that your web application server in all probability has session timeout enabled. So if you want it to not time out, you would either want to disable it or to extend the amount of time before a timeout. A lot of sites put in a capability like this as a security feature.

This is below WebFOCUS and PMF, in your web application or web server itself. Maybe have a chat with your sysadmin.

Note: If your sysadmin doesn't want to remove the timeout, WebFOCUS has the ability to display an error and force a re-log in (see hottrack case 31282520).

thanks
Bob Ferrante

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

March 06, 2009, 03:43 PM
Moogle
Yes, I agree with you that this is likely an application server configuration issue. I will discuss this with the client's systems admin.

Cheers,

Joey