Focal Point
Prior vs Current with only one bar and one label

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/8851052182

April 20, 2008, 10:09 PM
Endre Pekarik
Prior vs Current with only one bar and one label
My Today page top gadget has multiple bar graph reports, each showing two bars, Prior Year/Month and Current Year/Month.

One of the graph in this gadget, is showing one fat bar, the Prior Year/Month, but no corresponding Current Year/Month bar or Label.

Any ideas why this is happening?

thnx

Endre Pekarik

April 20, 2008, 10:25 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
I don't know which gadget you're looking at because you did not tell me.

but typically that's because you set the time range to a narrow time period, or there's only one time period of data loaded for the metric attached to that.

the bar will get narrower the more time it shows.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

April 20, 2008, 10:35 PM
Endre Pekarik
Is my assumption correct that if there is no records for the given week, there will not be a bar. But of there are records, but the sum of % is zero, then there will be a placeholder with label, but no bar.

April 20, 2008, 10:44 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
i still don't know which bar graph you are looking at.

But whether you see a bar on any webfocus bar graph when the quantity depicted by the bar is zero depends on how the zero line is configured on the bar graph. If it's a default, unmodfied graph in a PMF gadget, typically the bar is showing percent achieved, and if that is equal to zero, then the bar is drawn flat to the zero line, which is the bottom. If the percent achieved were negative, then the bar would be drawn below the zero line. Got it?

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

May 06, 2008, 11:27 AM
Endre Pekarik
Understand thnx bob, I do understand. but if you have data for (actual loaded records) for current year/month, and don't have loaded records for prior year/month, graph only show a bar for current year, and this bar is tall and wide/fat taking over the whole graph. It is not the same as having one tall bar and having another next to it showing 0%. Is this how it should be? It is ok, as long we understand the behavior. Actually seeing one tall and WIDE/FAT bar shows to us that we don’t have data, rather than we have data and we are at 0%
Endre