Focal Point
[CLOSED] Now that it's here...

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3437070726/m/2437027096

August 29, 2018, 12:17 PM
Doug
[CLOSED] Now that it's here...
Now that it's here, What are your plans to get all the InfoAssist posts to that new forum?

How about a pop-up 'Alert' every time 'InfoAssist', of 'info assist', is mentioned in a subject or post?

Example: "Bug Infoassist? Metadata FIlter is true as expression" Subject just posted.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
August 29, 2018, 01:09 PM
FP Mod Chuck
I have no clue if that is possible. I will have to check with the vendor.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
August 30, 2018, 02:59 PM
S.J. Kadish
Chuck:

Thanks for enabling the InfoAssist forum.
Any thoughts about moving prior InfoAssist Focal Point postings to this Forum.

Just in case nobody else has seen it - "InfoAssist" does not pass the spell-check test Smiler .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: S.J. Kadish,

Sandy Kadish
Dev: 8.2.04- PostgreSQL
Test: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
Prod: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
August 31, 2018, 03:33 PM
FP Mod Chuck
I can't find a way to move old posts or do the suggested pop-up alert. The best way to find them is to Search for InfoAssist and it will populate a list.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
September 24, 2018, 01:11 PM
Doug
Hey Chuck, This doesn't seem to be going too far. So, may I suggest messaging, or posting another message, requesting anyone to posting an InfoAssist related post to include the word 'InfoAssist' as the first word in any InfoAssist related post, not 'Info Assist'.
September 26, 2018, 06:29 PM
CoolGuy
It was a nice thought on Chuck's part to open this one back up, but I really think people are just going to continue to post and utilize the main WF thread for everything.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
September 27, 2018, 11:22 AM
Doug
quote:
I really think people are just going to continue to post and utilize the main WF thread for everything.

Me too. So, let's get them to include 'InfoAssist" in the subject line of all InfoAssist posts. How to do that: IDK...
September 27, 2018, 12:25 PM
CoolGuy
I don't think that could be a thing from our end due to this being a 3rd party product IBI utilizes. Someone would have to reach out to the site provider and see if they could add additional functionality to it. Which is a bit much to get anywhere with save it be an open-source project that readily accepts pull requests.

Digging in a bit, this site is a Hoop.la product. IBI has already spent time testing a newer engine from them, but I'm not sure if it went the distance or not for them. We could see it used at some point; and if so, it supports tagging, etc.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.