Focal Point
[RESOLVED] Google Map Fex Format Error in DevStudio

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/10110322

February 26, 2009, 07:28 PM
Dan Pinault
[RESOLVED] Google Map Fex Format Error in DevStudio
Hi,

I've been working on a Google Map application. Suddenly today, when I went to make a change to one of the markers, I got an error message (from DevStudio) "The file [blah blah blah] does not produce correct output format."

I checked the fex and it is still using ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML. The application is still working in MRE but I can't make changes to it in DevStudio anymore.

Anyway, after trying all sorts of different things like starting a new HTML file from scratch, referencing a different map-related fex, etc. I went back to the original sample Google Maps application I created by following the instructions in Chapter 6 of the "Developing Reporting Applications With Graphical Tools" document. Even that is giving me the same error.

Short of re-installing DevStudio to see if that is where the problem lies does anybody have any ideas on what to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Dan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dan Pinault,

7.7.05M/7.7.03 HF6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 output to whatever is required.
February 27, 2009, 09:32 AM
GinnyJakes
If you make a copy of your program and undo your change, does it start working again?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
February 27, 2009, 01:08 PM
Dan Pinault
Ginny,

That' just it. I can't make any changes to my Google Maps. As soon as I try to modify the procedure that populates the Layer I get the error.

I could see where it might possibly be something with the current application I am building. What's odd is that I haven't changed anything with the original sample application and, it too, is giving me the error.

That's why I suspect it might be something with DevStudio and not the applications themselves.

Hmmm... (I wish there was a gremlin icon scratching its head)

February 27, 2009, 01:31 PM
Dan Pinault
Hooray! It's fixed.

Just on a whim I ran the System Restore (Windows XP) and discovered that there was a restore point created yesterday morning. I restored the system to that point and the error went away. The culprit appears to be an update to Microsoft Silverlight (KB960353).

Needless to say, Microsoft Silverlight has been removed from my system. Wink

February 27, 2009, 10:35 PM
DW Marker
Thanks for the heads up... you saved me from installing the silverlight update!

WF 7.6.4
Windows XP and UNIX