Focal Point
[SOLVED] regarding currency conversion

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1011061103

October 01, 2008, 07:52 AM
<swapna>
[SOLVED] regarding currency conversion
hi,

can we have a drop down for currency where in the column "currency" is not in any of the tables tat we have.
Do we have any in built function in webfocus which generates it in OLAP????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
October 01, 2008, 08:01 AM
<JG>
quote:
where in the column "currency" is not in any of the tables tat we have.

1st. If it's not a silly question how do you expect to populate it if you do ot have the data?

2nd. WebFocus does not have the functionality to display drop down boxes in OLAP.

If you want that sort of functionality look at using flash,AJAX or javascript EXT Grid to display the data
October 01, 2008, 08:39 AM
<swapna>
JG,

Now i have two tables....

"Curr_Code_Details" which has the cols-- Curr_code,Curr_year and Curr_rate.

"Supp_detaills" which has the cols---- supplier,plant,Spend_on_YTD,Spend_on_month.

Based on the Currency code selected from the table "Curr_Code_Details" we need to convert the col Spend_on_YTD
to its respective currency.

Pls suggest...
October 01, 2008, 08:48 AM
<JG>
Unless you use the methods that I suggested i.e. Flash,AJAX or EXT GRID you cannot dynamically change the source column used in a calculation once a report has been generated.

The only option is to make currency selection a user input parameter i.e. variable before the report is run
and use the required currency to generate the report.

If the user wants to see it in a different currency the report must be rerun.

This can be achieved by generating the currency selection as a dropdown in the report
which uses the new selection to run thge same report (effectivly as a drilldown) with that selection.
October 01, 2008, 09:45 AM
GinnyJakes
Hey, fellas.

Can you both update your profile signatures with your products, releases, and platforms?

Thanks.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google