Focal Point
Hot new business request need some insight.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1011087331

May 11, 2004, 09:52 PM
<Vipul>
Hot new business request need some insight.
The business users want the following functionality from webfocus. Any insights will be appreciated:
The Business team wants to know if it's possible to combine reports into one long document when the customer uses the TTY functionality to access reports. They want to let the customer use something called Obey commands to achieve this -- it's functionality they have today through TTY. Do you have any insight on the possibility of being able to continue offering our customers this option?

Thks,

Vipul
May 11, 2004, 10:03 PM
<Vipul>
To further expand the Business want the mainframe users to be able to login or somehow request and get a text format combined report from webfocus. Which here is not on mainframe...I just googled and found that TTY is the terminal type I think the dumb terminal) and Obey is some kind of line editor commands on mainframe. I have no idea and am clue less at this point.... Smiler
May 12, 2004, 01:50 PM
<WFUser>
If all they're asking for is to combine report output in a text format, there are many ways to do this. You're going to have to get more specific requirement from the business users.