Focal Point
7.6.4 - chaining and populating multi select list boxes

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1041043372

February 25, 2008, 02:35 PM
Laure
7.6.4 - chaining and populating multi select list boxes
Is anyone haveing an issue with this? We have 3 list boxes that are each populated with their own specific fex. They are also chained. This works wonderfully under 7.6.1, but under 7.6.4 the same code doesn't populate the 2nd and 3rd box in the chain. If I remove the chaining the list boxes get populated. Of course we need to have the chaining.

any suggestions?

Laure

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 - MRE, BID, - WindowsXP - Oracle 9i, SQLServer, DevStudio 7.7.3 - Apache Tomcat , Output: HTML, Excel 2013 and PDF
February 25, 2008, 03:45 PM
Leah
Haven't done much chaining, but the one test I have works. Of course in it I have only two fields chained to each other.

Leah
February 26, 2008, 02:42 AM
nubi
i had the same problem when using this in the painter in 764, i gave up im afraid, i couldn't work out what was causing it but found that as soon as i chained two together they lost their data.

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP
Output: mostly HTML, also Excel and PDF

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor
February 26, 2008, 09:59 AM
gregv
Laure: Something I just learned about yesterday that may help though I haven't needed it myself, yet.
It worked for the person who passed it to me:
"there is a case out there where you have to go into the html and turn runtimecache to 0"

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8
February 26, 2008, 10:09 AM
<Shane>
Laure,

We were having an issue with a similar situation. When we right-clicked on an image and went to the properties, it was removing the MULTIPLE keyword from our listboxes. IBI said that it is a bug and will be fixed in a future release.

Also, we were having an issue with chaining list boxes that required a new ibirls2.js file hotfix from IBI. IBI also indicated that upgrading to 7.6.3 client (not server) would resolve the issue.

Shane
February 26, 2008, 11:31 AM
Tony A
As an interim you could set your HTML page to point at IBIRLS.js instead of IBIRLS2.js.

It has less functionality than the later version but is supplied to provide backward capability (I think) and therefore should function mostly?

It might be worth a try until you get a fix.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
February 26, 2008, 12:05 PM
Laure
Thanks all. I've a few things to try, and I will, but it won't be for a few days. A more pressing task has interruptted this work. When\if I resolve this, I'll post again.

Laure

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 - MRE, BID, - WindowsXP - Oracle 9i, SQLServer, DevStudio 7.7.3 - Apache Tomcat , Output: HTML, Excel 2013 and PDF
February 26, 2008, 03:11 PM
ypatel
We experiencing the same problem, it seems like it was working in 7.6.2 but with 7.6.4 the multi selection on chaining doesn't work and gives a javascript runtime error.

I tried solution suggested in post above and they didn't work:
1. turn runtimecache to 0
2. Also tried changing to IBIRLS.js instead of IBIRLS2.js.

Please keep sending your comments !!

Thanks,

-Yogesh Patel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WF 764 on Linux Apache tomcat v5.5
DEV: WF 768 on Linux
February 28, 2008, 10:03 AM
ypatel
Found a bug in 7.6.4 - one of my teammate found the issue.

IN WF 764 - the SELECT tag for the chained parameter is set to Operation, it should have been Operation="OR"
- When we change operation to operation="OR" it fixes the issue and multi select in chain works.

-Yogesh Patel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WF 764 on Linux Apache tomcat v5.5
DEV: WF 768 on Linux