Focal Point
[SOLVED] Sorting a Bar Graph on X-Axis?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/107109121

May 20, 2009, 04:35 PM
Jason K.
[SOLVED] Sorting a Bar Graph on X-Axis?
I have a very simple bar graph that I would like to sort by a different field than what it shows on the x-axis.

Variants of across using NOPRINT are what I try, but it just shows the first Across value without making any attempt to show the second field (in this case "TIME_OF")

GRAPH FILE LOGISTICS_STOP_CAPACITY_VW
SUM SCHEDULED AS 'Stops In Use' COMPUTE Capacity2/D12=CAPACITY - SCHEDULED; AS 'Stops Available'
ACROSS SORTER NOPRINT
ACROSS TIME_OF

In short...
I want it to sort the graph by the value in "SORTER" but want to show the "TIME_OF" value. Is this possible?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
May 20, 2009, 04:49 PM
GinnyJakes
Dialogue Manager. I've got a post in here somewhere on that. You have to create a SAVE file with the values that you want to use in your series and then do a -REPEAT loop in the graph stylesheet section to set up the series values.

Let me know if you can't find it.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
May 20, 2009, 06:12 PM
Jason K.
Thank you for the quick reply, GinnyJakes.
I found some example code built over the car file that gives errors, it was doing something like writing to a save file in a sorted order then reading the values in and using the COLUMNS - AND keywords.

Do you have a better example? This language is all a little over my head.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
May 22, 2009, 11:23 AM
Jason K.
This is solved.
I just had to use the
COLUMNS
FIELD1 AND FIELD2 AND FIELD3 ....

My fault for not asking the question properly.