Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Report run in Report Caster with a drill down

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report run in Report Caster with a drill down
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I'm having issues with a report that I run in the Report Caster. It has a drill down in it off the ID number of a student. This program creates an html file that is store out on a server and used as a part of our home page for reporting. I know there must be a way to get the path correct to the drill down report which is located on the same server as the html file is sent. But I can't get it to work. I've seen some discussions out on Focal Point that talk about emails with drill downs coming from Report Caster, but I don't see anything for an html file. Can anyone out there point me in the correct direction?

Thanks.

Posts: 46 | Location: Taylor University in Upland Indiana | Registered: May 20, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
add the following to your focexec the is scheduled:

SET FOCEXURL = http://webfocus.server.com/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/webapi.dll

Change webfocus.server.com to the appropriate url to where your webfocus is.

If you are using Servlet then you need to alter the statement above to called the WFServlet instead of the webapi.dll.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Am I supposed to do anything to the drill down definition? Right now it looks like

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N4, FOCEXEC=DSScreen(IDNUM=BANNER_ID),TARGET=_blank, $

Should it remain like that? I put in the SET FOCEXURL at the top of my report and replaced the webfocus.server.com with ours and I get a report cannont be found message. Am I missing anything else?

Thanks for your help.

Posts: 46 | Location: Taylor University in Upland Indiana | Registered: May 20, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Your Majesty Wink, you can put that SET command in at the top of your fex,
but what I do is an adaptation...
when the report runs live from my site, i don't have to do anything.
but i email these same reports, so for that reason i have a fex called SETBATCH and that fex as 1 line,
SET FOCEXURL = http://myservername/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/webapi.dll
just as mickey says.
then i add this SETBATCH as a pre-processing condition in my caster task (click the advanced tab on each task to set its parameters, and theres a tab for Procedures, i just put SETBATCH there in the first one).
And if you use servlet, as mickey says,
SET FOCEXURL = HTTP://myserver/ibi_apps/WFServlet
and if i have pictures, then i add this line to my SETBATCH fex:
SET BASEURL = http://myservername/images/
What this stuff does is tell IIS where to find the focus engine and your images, when you're not running from MRE, but from the web, as your users would be in email..

ah..i just re-read your post...you're not emailing, you're posting to a spot on some network drive, yes? I do the same. so this will all work fine. Just make sure to include the SET FOCEXURL statement either directly in the fex or as a pre-task to a caster run.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
This makes sense. How does the html page that was produced in the Report Caster know where to find the report that it's drilling down to? Is it just supposed to be located in the same location, or do I have to specifically tell it?

Expert
posted Hide Post
your ordinary drilldown will now work just like it always does, because the command "SET FEXURL to wherever the engine is " was in your original fex, the dd commands will now contain the full URL of the focus engine and fex you're running. and if your dd fex is on your path (eda or APP), the focus engine will find it just fine. Do a view source on your final output, once you've made it, from your browser. you'll see.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry this took so long. We have finally gotten through our upgrade to WebFocus and I've been able to get back to this issue. We found that there were some settings on my account that weren't correct so after fixing those I was able to make this work using

SET FOCEXURL = http://webfocus.server.com/ibi_apps/WFServlet

It works great now. Thanks for all your help.