Focal Point
How to open existing PDF with WebFocus

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1091088331

August 11, 2005, 06:02 PM
<Ed-Verizon>
How to open existing PDF with WebFocus
I have a PDF format report that is being generated with WebFOCUS and I would like to append an external PDF to this report. Is there a way to bring an external PDF into a PDF report?
August 11, 2005, 08:09 PM
reFOCUSing
Check out this old topic and see if it helps:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/
7191068331/r/2591068331#2591068331

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
August 29, 2005, 02:55 PM
<Ed-Verizon>
I had read the above topic before, but didn't know if that would work for us. I spoke to another WebFOCUS user here and found out that we may have this software already. I am going to do some checking. We may be replacing WebFOCUS soon anyway, but if not I will consider this option.

The code I worked on had to be in our production environment 8/22, so that didn't give my much time to look into the concatenation option. I saved the static PDF's as an image and included the image in the generated PDF. This seems to have worked for now, but if we need any additional changes I will look into the above option.
August 31, 2005, 11:55 PM
<toby mills>
Hey Ed

I know I'm late to the conversation here, but I thought I'd throw out something that may be of use to you in the future.

If you've got adobe acrobat, you can pull together different documents by printing them to a file as Postscript files, then you -write a single postscript file that basically -includes each document you just printed and turn that into a pdf. Sounds painful, but it wasn't that bad.

I had to use that technique to put together webfocus output, along with an excel spreadsheet and a word document. Put them all in a single PDF - it was pretty cool at the time.

Sounds like you're already on the right track on this one, I just thought I'd mention it.

-Toby