Focal Point
&Var for USERID

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1111058552

November 05, 2007, 03:48 PM
cburtt
&Var for USERID
Is there an &var, more likely an &&var, that contains the USERID of the user submitting the *.fex for execution? I would expect that in MRE it would show the LogonID; in RCaster, the User given as a Task pproperty; in DevSudio, the OS's user or a fixed value.

WIN/2K running WF 7.6.4
Development via DevStudio 7.6.4, MRE, TextEditor.
Data is Oracle, MS-SQL.
November 05, 2007, 03:53 PM
Prarie
There is &USERID...

not sure how you want to use it.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
Follow the instructions for &IBIMR_user here:

Using System/User Variables

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
For Dev Studio or RC,

-SET &USERID=GETUSER('A8');

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
I think it really depends on what your IIS security settings are on the webserver(s) where the WF Client is installed and what type of app (MRE, self-serve, etc.) you are running.

For us, if we do a GETUSER, we would get the generic user id on the Reporting Server. We use IWA and pass the user id by adding the following to our site.wfs file.
<ifndef> RUSER
RUSER=&WF_REMOTE_USER
<ENDIF>
<SET> RUSER (PASS)

This creates a &RUSER variable that's available on the Reporting Server.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
thanks, Oklahoma City , for that reminder. i needed to know exactly that and couldn't remember.i'm going to go edit my site.wfs right now.
Do you, by any chance, know how to grab the network DOMAIN to which a user belongs?
i want to be able to handle security by network domain membership, rather than specific user?

Chris...all you need to do is delete your post...an option from the edit .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
"Do you, by any chance, know how to grab the network DOMAIN to which a user belongs?"

Yes, do the same thing but use &REMOTE_USER instead of &WF_REMOTE_USER.

In our environment, that gives OKDHS/userid where OKDHS is the domain.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.