Focal Point
Running a Maintain on a Specific Server Through the Command Console

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1141020792

August 26, 2008, 08:59 AM
RichardA
Running a Maintain on a Specific Server Through the Command Console
I am currently testing a configuration of WebFOCUS 7.6.4 on Windows Server 2003. I have two reporting servers:

1) Full function server named EDASERVE. This is the default server in the WebFOCUS client.

2) A Maintain SAS named WFM_SAS. This server has an additional private service named DEPLOY for application deployment.

The WFM_SAS is an additional configuration using the same binaries as EDASERVE.

The two reporting servers, the WebFOCUS client, and the web/application server (Apache tomcat 6.0.18) are all on the same machine.

I deploy the application to the DEPLOY service on WFM_SAS using an additional Remote Server I set up in the WebFOCUS Client with same PORT and HTTP_PORT as WFM_SAS but with CLIENT(DEPLOY). Add the MNTCON LOADIMAGE command to the EDASPROF. But I am having trouble running the maintain procedure.

Since the EDASERVE is the default server on the WebFOCUS client, when I issue a MNTCON RUNIMAGE from the command console in Developer's Studio, I get a LOADIMAGE not found. It tries to run the command in EDASERVE.

When I change the default server to WFM_SAS in the WebFOCUS client the command runs without fail. How can I specify running a command in a specific service in a specific server from the command console in Developer's Studio?

Sandbox Config:

WebFOCUS 7.6.4 in Window Server 2003
Apache Tomcat 6.0.18
JRE 1.6.07

Sandbox Version: 8.1.04
Sandbox Platform: Windows 2008 R2
Testing Version: 7.7.02M
Testing Platform: Windows Server 2008 R2
WF Production Version: 7.7.02M
Production Platform: Windows Server 2008
August 26, 2008, 09:05 AM
Maintain Wizard
I will do some research and get back to you on this.

Mark
August 26, 2008, 10:41 AM
Maintain Wizard
Richard
From Management...

Why are you trying to run SAS from the Dev Studio command console? The SAS config should only be active when you’re ready to run the entire app from a launch form, etc. Otherwise the app should be tested in private mode.

The problem could be...

You might be hitting a local odin for the Dev Studio server vs. your remote servers. If you have any trouble running outside of Dev Studio, it could be a question of making sure the server node with service name is in ALL Odin.cfg files, including in the client.

Mark
August 26, 2008, 02:05 PM
RichardA
Thanks. I'll try that as soon as I figure out how to run it from a web page from the documentation.

Sandbox Version: 8.1.04
Sandbox Platform: Windows 2008 R2
Testing Version: 7.7.02M
Testing Platform: Windows Server 2008 R2
WF Production Version: 7.7.02M
Production Platform: Windows Server 2008