Focal Point
MFD and Join problems

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1141064572

March 10, 2008, 04:56 PM
db
MFD and Join problems
Last week I added another join to table already made up of 14 segments. I saved and checked the file and then checked the newly joined fields in my application. Everything worked just fine. Then trouble, the server hung up. I disconnected and reconnected and after doing so I would got an error of missing fields when I tried to view the mfd in the procedure view. I then checked it in the editor and it was blank. I restored the file from a previous backup and tried joining the table again. The join worked well, but now I cannot see the fields from the newly joined table in my application. For a sanity check, I deleted a defined field, but it still shows in my application. Why won't the mfd update? Does anyone know what's going on?
March 11, 2008, 08:31 AM
PBrightwell
Check your path, you are probably still hitting the old MFD. Also, you are nearing the max on joins, are any of the tables joining on more than one field? Are these Focus files or from a different database? If it is Oracle or DB2 create a view.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
March 11, 2008, 01:29 PM
db
Thanks, I understand what it is doing, but how do I clear the situation? I've checked the path and it is correct.
March 12, 2008, 09:00 AM
PBrightwell
It would help if we knew what database you are using and what system you are running on. The fact that you deleted a defined field but it is still showing up tells me that you are either not hitting the new MFD or you have something cached. Post your code/MFD.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
March 12, 2008, 12:08 PM
db
Thanks everyone. I've resolved the issue.
March 12, 2008, 12:24 PM
Francis Mariani
Specifying how might help others in the same boat as you.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server