Focal Point
Report Library Question

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1151052032

May 30, 2007, 04:11 PM
NF
Report Library Question
I am starting to use Report Library to store some of the AdHoc reports that are currently being emailed to users. The problem that I am having is this:

I have two schedules running the report, one on the weekdays, one on the weekends. This is done due to extended outages on the weekend, so the jobs need to be run at a later time.

Is there any possible way to get these two schedules to appear in the same folder in Report Library. From what I am seeing, the folder name is based off the job description, and you can not have two job descriptions that are the same.

Is there any way around this? I would like the users to not have to switch between the weekday and weekend report folders to avoid confusion.

Thanks in advance.

WebFOCUS 7.6.1
May 31, 2007, 11:29 AM
Darin Lee
I don't believe there is. As you mention, the folder names is based on the job description which can't be a duplicate. This sounds like a good idea, though - to be able to specify the destination folder. Maybe submit it as a new feature request to Tech Support.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
June 07, 2007, 11:47 AM
NF
Can anyone point me in the right direction to submit a new feature request? I have searched around and have not been able to find anything.

Thanks,
Nick

WebFOCUS 7.6.1
June 07, 2007, 12:10 PM
Darin Lee
Open a case on the tech support site and specify in the description that you would like it to be a new feature request

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
June 08, 2007, 11:42 AM
Terry Whitmore
To save space, you can use "NFR" as the first three letters of the description when opening the case online. Smiler
June 11, 2007, 05:03 PM
NF
Thank you

WebFOCUS 7.6.1