Focal Point
IE and HTTPS Problem

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1151078331

June 30, 2005, 02:55 PM
<B Wilson>
IE and HTTPS Problem
I have an application that is using IE with HTTPS and when running this app the first time it doesn't process based on the authentication entered. If you refresh and try again, or just back to the Submit bottom, it will pick it up the second time. This works fine using Netscape or Firefox.

Any ideas would be appreciated since not using IE is not an option.
July 06, 2005, 02:18 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
I think you need to provide more inforamtion. What are the symptoms when IE doesn't act correctly (besides "it doesn't work")? Do you get a particular error screen?

What authentication method are you using? How do users access the authentication login - are you using single sign-on, or a web application specific sign on page? What technology does that page use (ASP, JSP, plain HTML, etc.)?

Do your IE users have IWA turned on to automatically pass their Windows login info out - this might be interfering with your security.
July 06, 2005, 09:19 PM
<B Wilson>
When Using HttpS, I am checking the Remote User after authentication and the first time it is Null. IBI Techs are working on this, but so far have no solution.