Focal Point
[CLOSED] Report caster Issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/11510937

April 07, 2009, 11:39 AM
subbu
[CLOSED] Report caster Issue
Hi

I got a problem when I started the report caster server, I could able to start the report caster server but when I checked in WebFocus Administration console, it is showing that the report caster started server in "console mode",

I could not able to login into Report caster console and in return it was showing "Report caster stared in console mode need additional configuration", Yes I have gone through the report caster reference manual I have tested by loging into the Administation console, When I do create tables or Test Connectivitiy its showing "Failed" and also a dialog box poping up showing the fully qualified class name

I need help in this regarding like the step by step process in making the report caster to run in "Full Function mode" instead of "Console mode"

Thanks in Advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
Output: Excel,PDF
April 07, 2009, 01:57 PM
Mighty Max
Do a Test of the Report Caster - Distribution Server.

If it fails.
Go through the configuration settings for Report Caster and double check everything.

Make sure that connection to the Repository is correct.
Report Caster will not run unless it can establish a connection to its Repository.
Report Caster constantly polls the Repository to see if it needs to run a scheduled job.
No connection. No Report Caster.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files
April 08, 2009, 11:14 AM
Gerry
Check the classpath in reportcaster76\bin\classpath.bat to make sure that it includes the path to the jdbc driver of the RDBMS you are using as the ReportCaster repository. If the Distribution server cannot locate the driver it cannot connect to the repository.

If the classpath is incorrect you must correct it and then run the create utility to create the repository tables. Once the tables are created you can start the Distribution server.

The Application server classpath must also contain the path the the jdbc driver in order for the ReportCaster GUI to work.

WebFOCUS All Releases
April 17, 2009, 07:27 AM
subbu
Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions, My problem with the report caster solved by updating the path of JDBC Driver in the classpath.bat. Once again thanks to all.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
Output: Excel,PDF